The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally time for my SUPRA

novak

Being honest perfect. Only reason we had to do it as car was resprayed so many times. And not to great standard. I am positively surprised with bodywork condition.

This is why everyone loves cars from 90s best quality cars ever made.

For a comparison my E60 from underneath looks like an old rat. And it only had 60k on the clock.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did some black Friday shopping as well: IMG_20141201_142518575.jpg

Got a good deal so treat myself with a complete set of Philipps White Vision Bulbs HB3 / HB4 / H3 / W5W - I know that HID-s are better but I am not a fan of them at all. Best light quality I ever had was in my Accord Type R and bulbs that I bought are rated for same temp colour of 4300k.

I think that main issue is condition of 20 year old headlights - cloudy/yellow than need for HID.

Edited by novak (see edit history)

Today big day:

Finally I can see the light in the tunnel. So much waiting... first buying in Japan - waiting 2 months, got car for one day and then to the garage - nearly 3 weeks now : ( I bought car and drove it for a day haha) I was looking for the right car since October last year - I just want to drive it!!!!

IMG_20141205_175233226_HDR.jpgIMG_20141205_175221078_HDR.jpgIMG_20141205_175201618_HDR.jpgIMG_20141205_175150464_HDR.jpgIMG_20141205_175238559.jpgIMG_20141205_175245821_HDR.jpg

Strip down and prep I'd guess.

Whoever is painting that, is very good. It looks flawless in the pictures, very hard with black :thumbs:

Yep. You are right I did the donkey job of stripping paint and some prep, dismantling and I will be putting car together.

Painter is very good, although spray cabin could be a bit more pro - it will still need final sanding and polish. But overall very happy and as I have been there - I could make sure it is done to my standards.

After putting car together - time for underseal, I bought 4 cans of Dynax S50 wax for all cavities and WURTH products for underseal I never seen such a clean chassis just can not believe car is 21 years old - It has all stickers present even small labels on driveshaft etc.

I paid £2500 but I take a big part in whole process - it is London though - probably outside would be cheaper. Paint on its own was £500 so really £2k

I'd say that's an excellent price, I've recently been quoted £4k to get mine bare metal windows out resprayed, the guy has won a couple of shows for paintwork, but I'm from up north where everything is cheaper than the south,

from the pictures the quality looks great, I'd be real happy, so i best have a shop around

Need to say it helps to have someone who you know around. They doing great job and so many extras for nothing really. Probably they hate me as well being there every there in asking for this an that... ;)

Finally we are putting everything together - tomorrow all windows in, interior, new speakers and then time for final polish and Maybe Saturday on the road.

IMG_20141208_185847504_HDR.jpg

Edited by novak (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Never been so happy, more I am getting used to the car I need to say that full BPU will be more than enough for this type of a car. I have only cat back fitted and very happy with performance.

Wondering how come this cars can have 1000bhp and go straight....