Prices

Auto Na 2-5k deppends on condition

Auto TT 4-7k deppends on condition

Auto Vvti 8 - 10k deppends on condition

Auto TT aero 7k+ deppends on condition

Auto Na aero 4k+ deppends on condition

Na 5speed 3 - 6k deppends on condition

Na 6speed 5 -8k deppends on condition

TT 5 speed berlieve these are all conversion but around 7k+ deppends on condition

TT 6speed 9-14k deppends on conditio.

TT 6 speed aero all right hand drives will be conversions 11-16k deppends on condition (these are rare)

For original 2jz-gte engines with single turbos you can proberbly add 2-3k to the price again deppends on condition and build quality

Na engines with single turbos would proberbly add about 1-2k to there price deppends on condition and build quality

these are all estimates from months of searching for a supra my self asking lots of questions ect

And if your looking at 750+ epic built supras your be looking at 18-40k..all prices in £

Prices

Auto Na 2-5k deppends on condition

Auto TT 4-7k deppends on condition

Auto Vvti 8 - 10k deppends on condition

Auto TT aero 7k+ deppends on condition

Auto Na aero 4k+ deppends on condition

Na 5speed 3 - 6k deppends on condition

Na 6speed 5 -8k deppends on condition

TT 5 speed berlieve these are all conversion but around 7k+ deppends on condition

TT 6speed 9-14k deppends on conditio.

TT 6 speed aero all right hand drives will be conversions 11-16k deppends on condition (these are rare)

For original 2jz-gte engines with single turbos you can proberbly add 2-3k to the price again deppends on condition and build quality

Na engines with single turbos would proberbly add about 1-2k to there price deppends on condition and build quality

these are all estimates from months of searching for a supra my self asking lots of questions ect

And if your looking at 750+ epic built supras your be looking at 18-40k..all prices in £

Thank you very much for that reply! That's really helpful and exactly what I needed to know! What did you decide to go for? Do tt6's come up often on this forum? Only seen single turbos or tiptronic at the moment

Ik be going for a TT 6 speed or single 6 speed and il be asking jurgen when im at a good budget.

6 speeds do come up but it is a sellers market and the cars your get on here are usally worth every penny that they are asking for.

I wouldnt bother with a 5 speed conversion as it will limit the mods you could do to it.

Ive been tempted to just buy but wait and your find the right one for you and your budget

Ik be going for a TT 6 speed or single 6 speed and il be asking jurgen when im at a good budget.

6 speeds do come up but it is a sellers market and the cars your get on here are usally worth every penny that they are asking for.

I wouldnt bother with a 5 speed conversion as it will limit the mods you could do to it.

Ive been tempted to just buy but wait and your find the right one for you and your budget

Okay thanks for the advice. I'm only 22 so I'd only be going for a tt6 and bpu max. My budget is around 10k give or take a bit so hoping to either import or find a nice example here. I just don't want to pay 10k to be only worth 8k in a years time lol I have another car at the moment so in no rush to throw money at it :)

Okay thanks for the advice. I'm only 22 so I'd only be going for a tt6 and bpu max. My budget is around 10k give or take a bit so hoping to either import or find a nice example here. I just don't want to pay 10k to be only worth 8k in a years time lol I have another car at the moment so in no rush to throw money at it :)

Snap im 22 too and they wont be worth less as they are harder and harder to find.

With brakes single remap and alloys added to the quote compare it gave a quote of 800-1400 thats with 5 years no claims and myself being 22. so.maybe a little less after january when i turn 23. but id be happy with a tt as.it would be i can get a 62-64mm presion turbo i want and build.it all.up myself. (is a plan but a house with the gf comes first when she is ready to start saving) she likes cloths i like cars it works at least it will be my argument when i get upgrades and new toys for the car :)

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

With brakes single remap and alloys added to the quote compare it gave a quote of 800-1400 thats with 5 years no claims and myself being 22. so.maybe a little less after january when i turn 23. but id be happy with a tt as.it would be i can get a 62-64mm presion turbo i want and build.it all.up myself. (is a plan but a house with the gf comes first when she is ready to start saving) she likes cloths i like cars it works at least it will be my argument when i get upgrades and new toys for the car :)

Haha you have a fair argument then!! :p that's partly the reason I don't want to pay 10k then get back 8k after a year or 2 as it's partly my savings for a property. I'm in no rush to move out so why not use the money on a supra :) how much are you budgeting for a single turbo build doing it yourself? I've been told its 13k for a shop to fit it using quality parts.

Edited by lewis hill (see edit history)

Haha you have a fair argument then!! :p that's partly the reason I don't want to pay 10k then get back 8k after a year or 2 as it's partly my savings for a property. I'm in no rush to move out so why not use the money on a supra :)

Totally agree. Though being told im mad spending the amount on a car is getting very old but if its something you want and can.get then why the heck not. More memorys can be made when usimg it :-).

Haha you have a fair argument then!! :p that's partly the reason I don't want to pay 10k then get back 8k after a year or 2 as it's partly my savings for a property. I'm in no rush to move out so why not use the money on a supra :) how much are you budgeting for a single turbo build doing it yourself? I've been told its 13k for a shop to fit it using quality parts.

With the way prices are currently going on Supra's you'll get your money back... BUT if you are looking to use it as a daily driver then she is going to need care and attention if you want to keep her in fantastic condition. Suspension components aren't cheap and things like tyres can cost a fair bit. They are generally very reliable cars but you need to have a bucket should some work need to be done. Example if the VSS are shot and they need replacing then you are looking close to £1k to have them done by good garage.

Make sure you add all these up if you are using it as a daily.

I would definitely consider an auto, I bought a jspec TT auto back in August and I use it for commuting and its great!

As mentioned, the kickdown is pretty epic even at stock levels (let alone BPU). If you've ever tried driving one in the torrential rain with the slip control off, you'll be thankful you're not worrying about gear changes at the same time :D

Yeah I see what you're saying, its not that I don't want to spend on it. I just don't want to pay over the odds on it to start off with as that could go towards new suspension, wheels and bpu :) I see what you guys say of tiptronic but to me an auto is so boring, driven a few standard autos like vw etc (I know they don't compare technology wise) but I just find myself more involved with a manual which makes it more exciting as its down to you how quick you get off the line :p I would love to try or ride in both but I couldn't just go to a dealers and just have a free ride and leave lol

If you are staying in bpu levels, 5spd box should handle it. But if you wan't a car which hold it's value you should keep it relative stock. So avoid making conversions and buy that car what you really want in the first place. It saves you some money in the long run. And i think you have a good timing, these cars are not going to be cheaper in the future...

Edit: And yeah, go with the manual. I heard that auto box is not a bad unit, but it is still an auto box. I enjoy a lot for changing gears by myself :)

Edited by LasseV (see edit history)

Well I hope bpu wouldn't turn many people away when coming to re sell. But I heard you can only get a 5 speed TT that's a conversion which I want to stay away from. You don't know who done the work, what kind of parts, the quality of parts when fitted etc. Obviously if its a person from this forum that's different but still don't know how worn parts were when conversion took place. Oo So have you got a TT6?

TT6 is a Getrag 6 speed and is the standard manual for a TT.

a TT with a 5 speed is from the NA and will always be a conversion, at BPU level the 5 speed is like chocolate, i know people who have gone through 5 in a year.[/quote\]

Thanks for clearing that up! Surprised people have gone through 5 in 1 year! Ouch that's got to hurt the bank balance haha maybe I'll make sure I get a TT6 to be safe :)

Edited by lewis hill (see edit history)

Oo So have you got a TT6?

No no no, i have a 5spd n/a SZR. I'm a twistie junkie and high hp levels aren't my thing. I know that tt is a legend, but i never really considered that. My other options were porker 968/911. I bought this thing for solely driver enjoyment. I choosed Supra mainly emotional reasons (looks and loved these things from the early 90's) and that lovely engine.

Supra is an amazing car in every incarnation tbh. It is sensational car to drive and own. I hope you find what you are looking for.