The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A first start up in 2 years - Checklist of things to do

Mike2JZ

Before I started diagnosing the ignition, thought I'd do a quick once over of all the grounding points in the car. I found one cable loose near the driverside footwell, near the ignition.

Not sure what the cable is earthing, but turned the key just in case it made a difference and voila it fired up first time. Let it idle for 10 minutes, and everything related to the engine seems to be working fine. idle was at 1k rpm.

However I noticed water leaking into the passenger footwell as well as the windows steaming up :(

Before I started diagnosing the ignition, thought I'd do a quick once over of all the grounding points in the car. I found one cable loose near the driverside footwell, near the ignition.

Not sure what the cable is earthing, but turned the key just in case it made a difference and voila it fired up first time. Let it idle for 10 minutes, and everything related to the engine seems to be working fine. idle was at 1k rpm.

However I noticed water leaking into the passenger footwell as well as the windows steaming up :(

Winning that it runs… losing that the matrix has gone! Don't go toyota they are ludicrously dear. De-misterman have them for a lot less, and lots of people have used them with good results.

Swapping the matrix isn't that taxing.. just take your time getting it all out and it will be fine. :)

Winning that it runs… losing that the matrix has gone! Don't go toyota they are ludicrously dear. De-misterman have them for a lot less, and lots of people have used them with good results.

Swapping the matrix isn't that taxing.. just take your time getting it all out and it will be fine. :)

The annoying thing is that when I bought the car the entire dash was out in order for me to do the last stages of installing a new heater matrix. I guess the leak is a sign that I didn't do something right when putting the heater back in.

For the moment I can live without a heater, so I think I will block off both pipes temporarily so I can focus on getting the car road ready again. Then I'll spend a weekend sometime soon getting the heater sorted once and for all.

Check the crank pulley and auxiliary belt circuit. Take the belt off and run it.. see what happens.

Do you need a stock air box and pipe setup? I have two sets for an N/A.

Ok will take a look at them, hopefully it's a quick fix.

Currently I have the following air intake setup

attachment.php?attachmentid=192945&stc=1&d=1413490050

I am after the stock version however, can you pm me a price.

IMG_5609.jpg