The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bought another supra - '98 Vvti 6speed

Marty

Very clean looking car Marty, loving the subtle stock look :thumbs:

Very nice example, please do your upmost to leave it alone cosmetically! :)

Lovely car !

very nice car mate :)

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments, she's in lovely condition to be fair. I won't be changing anything cosmetically don't you worry, the standard look is the best look :thumbs:

lovely car... is that a holiday home your at?

Thanks dude. It isn't, it's my full time home, different but it's great :D

• 3 months later...

Not much of an update but a few pics to add.

Supra is still going well, i still have the slight tap from the engine which annoys me - i'm 100% its a valve shim or two, no body seems keen on doing the work for me so i may do it myself when the weather improves. Will probably do the cam belt, crank pulley etc too whilst i'm at it. Mileage is now 75k.

Seeing as it is winter i've stuck some OEM 17s on her, i actually prefer the look of the car :) Bit of a dull day today though so she's not sparkling.

I've also bought another supra off an old friend of mine, Andy. I was unaware he was selling it, i just happen to log on to the forum at the right time.

It's a 1994 Rz twin turbo 6speed. In lovely condition with some very nice parts fitted. Quick run down of the spec..

75k miles,

Carbon front lip, skirts and spats,

Greddy 3row intercooler,

Fluidine radiator,

Apexi induction kit,

Hkd Bov,

Tein super streets with EDFC,

Trd anti roll bars,

Brand new uk spec brakes all around, trd pads and drilled and slotted dics,

Full polybush kit,

18" Blitz Technospeed Z1 alloy wheels which have recently been refurbished by speedwells, 245 front 285 rear.

Brand new prefacelft headlights,

Zunsport grill mesh,

Cat back stainless exhaust,

Facelift rear lights,

Upgraded ICE, alpine double din, components front and back, 2 x 8"subs in boot and 5channel amp,

Momo steering wheel and handbrake,

HKS boost and engine oil temp gauges,

and probably a few other bits.

Since having her i've done a few little bits. The ride height has been raised as it was too low for my liking. I've undersealed her - the mot advisory stated that there was corrosion underneath which concerned me but having checked over it i was pleasantly surprised. There was very little rust, some surface on the suspension arms and sill area but nothing a wire brush didn't sort in 10mins.

I've also refurbished the dash which was tatty, fitted a brand new OEM gearknob, leather gear surround and gaitor. Crackle blacked the cam cover, fixed the HIDs (burnt out relay) and greased the front anti roll bar bushes which had an annoying squeak. Next on the list is to replace the cam cover gaskets as there is a slight leak, refurb the cam covers themselves and also change the engine vacuum hose piping from purple back to black, plus a general engine bay clean and tidy up.

Heres some pics of how it looks..

I've fitted my XXRs to it at the moment though due to the Z1s not being very winter friendly, a pic from today..

Hey Marty, can't believe you've got two Supras mate, and only one backside!!! Lol

Love the facelift confetti front seats I bought off you and think I would like to put the confetti rear bench in if you're still interested?

Also, when are you going to join us on a monthly pub meet? :)

Paul W

Very nice Marty. The owner of two beautiful supras there mate.

/QUOTE]

Thanks Sheefa, appreciate comments :thumbs: No hard feelings on the black one, know you would've quite liked to have bought it yourself.

Is your house on a park or did you build it yourself? Only ask as it looks awesome. And different.

Love the cars and the quick silver with the xxrs looks soo good.

Thanks dude, she does look good on the Xxrs i agree, they'll be going back on in the spring :)

I bought the log cabin and it was erected onsite. It's on a small (10 residents) park, privately owned by us so we own the land meaning no ground rent etc. Cheap living @ ~£150month for gas, elec, water, tv and phone. I have decent sized back garden, pic, shed, drive etc, so it's all that i need for now.

Hey Marty, can't believe you've got two Supras mate, and only one backside!!! Lol

Love the facelift confetti front seats I bought off you and think I would like to put the confetti rear bench in if you're still interested?

Also, when are you going to join us on a monthly pub meet? :)

Paul W

I'm afraid my mate has already bagged them Paul, apologies, he's having them when he brings his supra out of hibernation. Glad you're pleased with the seats, as nice as the recaros are i think i'd prefer to have them back in :D

I'm game for whenever the next one is :cool:

No hard feelings at all mate! Look forward to seeing at a meet sometime though.....and stealing it ;)

/QUOTE]

Haha, as long as you leave the keys lying about for yours ;)

Both looking really nice, I love the gold Technospeeds on your RZ, they look great!

If you ever decide to part with them give me a shout :)

I have considered changing the spoke colour to hyper silver but the gold is growing on me :) You have first refusal if i part ways with them :thumbs:

Nice Supe's fella :)

Thanks buddy :cool:

I'll hold you to that!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next meet. I'll be at the Demon tweeks one defo.

What a beauty, wish I had repainted in that colour instead of the original 199 silver .

Must have paid good money for her.

Silver is a lovely colour too though, my mate had one with some black Jade-Rs and it looked stunning. Yours is a lovely example bud :thumbs: Sheefas is also another beauty!

I got her just as the prices started going north, £12k, which considering the spec was a steal.

• 1 year later...

Thought i'd update this seeing as it's been 18months, time flies.

Nothing to report with the quicksilver supra, had the rear wheel lips refurbed last year - i used it a few times in the winter and the salt wrecked the laquer :(

Currently looks like this, apologies for large pic ....

I decided to sorn the black supra over winter due to not wanting to run it in the bad weather. I have an s3 too so i used that and kept the supras away from the salt this year.

Underside was showing a few signs of slight surface corrosion so i wire brushed, protected then fully undersealed it, cavity wax too. Used dinitrol products this time, came out really well and was a relatively straight forward job.

I've had the dash satin carbon hydrodipped (pics to come), i've also crinkle painted the cam covers and replaced the funky purple vac hoses with black (pics also to come).

One thing that's always bothered me with the black supra is the paint, it was by no means terrible (7 out of 10) but black is an awful colour and shows up every little imperfection, it's also a nightmare to keep clean. The paint seems to be quite soft on this particular supra so everytime i washed it i was finding i was adding surface scratches to it no matter how careful i was. With all that said i decided to get it machine polished and ceramic coated, hopefully that'll provide a bit more hardness to the paint and keep the scratches away.

It's currently being done, i've only had a few pics so far but here they are, this is after the machine polish..

I'll add some more pics at the end of the week when i get the car back. This is the guy doing the work, i'd really recommend him for all your detailing work, https://www.facebook.com/Revolveautomotiveltd/

attachment.php?attachmentid=228574&stc=1&d=1533133451

attachment.php?attachmentid=228575&stc=1&d=1533133451

attachment.php?attachmentid=228576&stc=1&d=1533133451

38041963_2268024873426325_7100235652217700352_n.jpg

38136045_2268024993426313_791856527588720640_n.jpg

38071712_2268024926759653_6258272163548102656_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One of the dash, hydrodipped. I'm thinking about removing the carpet next and dying it black.

attachment.php?attachmentid=228706&stc=1&d=1534087374

Also fitted some bonnet brackets from mark, thanks pal :thumbs: Using eBay struts, they seem fine, time will tell how they hold up. Bay needs a clean up, job for this week maybe.

attachment.php?attachmentid=228707&stc=1&d=1534087374

IMG_20180812_161520.jpg

IMG_20180812_161436.jpg