The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ATBs 93 USDM 6 Speed TT Supra

ATB

Got 1k worth of tires on the car and overall I'm happy with the way it looks but haven't got to test it properly yet. I went for the Falken Azenis FK453 235/35R19 in the front and 255/35R19 in the back. Going from 235 rears to 255 completely changed the look of the car.

A tiny question though, will I encounter any issues with the rears? will it compress enough to hit the wheel arch?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will for sure give it a try Luxluc as I love how the wheels look now compared to the stretched crap that was on ^^

Thank you for those good words Wayne! That looks very similar to my setup and I got stock suspension with 24 et. I think the edge inside the arch has been rolled upwards a bit by the previous owner.

Did a check to see the wheel gap and put it on a jack stand and jacked up the rear wheel. I lifted the wheel as much as possible and it looked alright, might have to have a tiny bit rolled as you can see in the picture.

Also spent the whole afternoon properly cleaning the interior.

Boot lid rubber has been changed and it made a world off difference no more rattling when going over bumps :) Now I gotta remove BPU mods and put stock exhaust and cat converters back on for MOT....

• 2 weeks later...

Rolled the rears slightly myself with good results, but the wheel still rubbed the arch when i hit a small bump today. So should I try and roll more? I've read a bit about the rivets inside the arches where the metal plates are joined that could crack if rolled to much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I got the stock wheels back to my place and gave them a good cleaning and polished them up. Wrapped them in Falken Azenis 453, 235/45 and 275/40. The car is much nicer to drive now! Now I am only waiting for a set of new center caps as the ones that came with the wheels are busted. These are blank without any logos as I couldn't find a set in very good condition with the Toyota logo. Here is a picture I snapped today, still waiting for centre caps :cool: