The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ATBs 93 USDM 6 Speed TT Supra

ATB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi!, excuse me about this strsnge questions... but i'm just curious cause lhd it's just impossible to find in EU so i was wondering how much it cost your mint example...

i mean.. lhd itself it's just impossible to find nowadays... in that condition i think you bouyght the last one on the whole planet.

did you import it from USA? if yes at what cost? how much for import?

and how much for the car? i bet 40-60k right?

thank you very much for your answer... i'm saving money everyday to get a supra... i will probably go for a jdm which is already pricy these days at 15-16k.... an usd lhd it's just pure dream for me

They are indeed getting more and more rare. This is a USDM import and I am the third owner after the import so price on that I do not know. I payed 60k Euros for the car with 34k miles on the clock.

I am sure you will find your dream car very soon :-)

60k... jesus... :) right price for it... hope to afford a jdm in a near future... even if i would dream about an LHD... rhd still remain something "unique/strange" if driven in a LHD country hihihihi.. hope will not be too dangeraus... i guess left cornering will be even more safe on a RHD car compared on a LHD car on a LHD road... but right side cornering i will be completely blinded.

sorry fot the OT.

btw... your shot was so nice that i used for my wallpaper... too nice pic.. hope you can allow me to do that :)

Edited by mpobor (see edit history)

Those shots are just absolutely stunning. Beautiful car + pleasant owner with an eye for fine shots = Pictures that should be hung in our living rooms.

Take care of her.

Thank you very much! She will be taken very good care off :-)

60k... jesus... :) right price for it... hope to afford a jdm in a near future... even if i would dream about an LHD... rhd still remain something "unique/strange" if driven in a LHD country hihihihi.. hope will not be too dangeraus... i guess left cornering will be even more safe on a RHD car compared on a LHD car on a LHD road... but right side cornering i will be completely blinded.

sorry fot the OT.

btw... your shot was so nice that i used for my wallpaper... too nice pic.. hope you can allow me to do that :)

No problem on using the photographs, you can use all of them if you want. My friend had a RHD Skyline which was a blast to drive even though we use LHD cars here. There was no issues to drive, but it took some time to get used to.

• 1 month later...

I have been having some issues with the steering on my car. When it`s raining outside the hydraulic steering pump will make a lot of whining noise but when it`s dry there is no noise. Lately the steering when at a standstill and at slow speeds has become harder. I do not exactly know what it is and how to find out what it is...

- Auxiliary belt or tensioner going bad?

- Wrong fluid in the power steering system?

- Is there a wheel bearing in the pump that can go bad?

- Could it be the crank pulley going bad?

- Or should I replace the whole pump?

The car only has 35k Miles on the clock.

Put the Supra in the garage two days ago for winter storage after a proper wash, I am gonna miss driving it a lot! But it gives me good time to get the Volks refurbished along with new rubber on all four corners.

Anyway here are the last pictures I took before putting her in the garage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally fixed the noise that has been haunting me for 3 months now! New power steering pump and a very proper flush with new fluids in the steering system got rid of the worst of the sound. The reservoir was completely clogged so I had to clean that twice.. I think that a previous owner has not filled it up with ATF fluid as it was very dark with a weird smell to it. The very last sound disappeared with a new auxiliary belt, but this is just a cheap and temporarily belt until I get the Gates Racing belt from Whifbitz. I am really happy that I got this sorted as it bothered me very much! >_

New belt and pump.

Old belt. Does not look worn at all but I think it's stretched quite a bit even though by the marks on the tensioner it looked to be okay.

Cristmas tree!

Next I will start to replace vacuum lines, even though they look okay they are after all almost 22 years old soon. Better safe then sorry :-)

aaaaaand another thing that need sorting..... I do not know how this happened... :blush:

I finally fixed the noise that has been haunting me for 3 months now! New power steering pump and a very proper flush with new fluids in the steering system got rid of the worst of the sound. The reservoir was completely clogged so I had to clean that twice.. I think that a previous owner has not filled it up with ATF fluid as it was very dark with a weird smell to it. The very last sound disappeared with a new auxiliary belt, but this is just a cheap and temporarily belt until I get the Gates Racing belt from Whifbitz. I am really happy that I got this sorted as it bothered me very much! >_

New belt and pump.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2e5jtl2.jpg

Old belt. Does not look worn at all but I think it's stretched quite a bit even though by the marks on the tensioner it looked to be okay.

http://i61.tinypic.com/15oz34l.jpg

Cristmas tree!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2vwwc4p.jpg

Next I will start to replace vacuum lines, even though they look okay they are after all almost 22 years old soon. Better safe then sorry :-)

aaaaaand another thing that need sorting..... I do not know how this happened... :blush:

http://i58.tinypic.com/hrj24i.jpg

Are you running drag radials? :p :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you mwilkinson! I had to check the switch and it locks both doors when you press it. Must be a USA thing o_O

Today I got to change the rest of my vacuum lines which is reachable from the top of the engine bay. Needless to say it's a lot of hoses! Some were in poor condition and all of them was rock hard so they had to be cut off... If there is any hoses left under the car I'll change them when I borrow a lift to to change the oil and filter.

The car is very dirty I know, waiting for mild weather so I can give it a wash without worrying that the water will freeze :p

Out with the old:

Old blow off valve hoses, cracked and brittle:

New stuff in, Mostly Gates Racing fuel lines, should hold up nicely

Club sticker has been fitted!

Winter project! Dads C3 Corvette, overhauling the engine :) Waiting for a part for the distributor and Side pipes is underway from the States :) Should be up and running soon i hope.

Edited by ATB (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Kendo! It's quite fun to work with much simpler than the 2JZ, which is nice for a change.

Exhaust has arrived but the bolts are still on the way, this is just a mock up on how it's gonna be:

Other then that I've ordered:

Toyota Supra Boot Rubber Kit

Toyota Supra Rear Exhaust Rubber

Toyota Supra TT Cam Cover Breather Hoses

Toyota 2JZ Turbo Breather Hose

Toyota 2JZ PCV Breather Hose

So now pretty much every hose in the bay has been replaced with new ones, which is good to have sorted. Boot rubbers will also be great to get as the ones on the car has changed from rubber to rock x)

Last thing on the list is tires..... any good recommendations? A very good tired that works great on both dry and wet roads.

• 2 weeks later...