The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mines ecu is dying

Graham1984

Just to be clearer mine runs 14'3 on average with a normal ecu, as stated when I fitted the mines I was low 15's (all afternoon).

Not that I care now,the car won't see a drag strip again. No one has actualy said why they want to use this ecu!?

Must have been faulty, either that or it was a slower day. If you were averaging 14.3, why don't you stick up your best time for the 1/4?

Back to back runs between ECUs you should see some small gains.

I think my mines ecu was a good purchase, definitely noticeable. When I emailed them asking what was changed the response was:

Fuel mapping and ignition timing optimized

Speed limiter cut

Rev limit +500 from stock

With use of aftermarket boost controller set up to 1.10kg/cm2 MAX

Written for use with only OEM air cleaner(closed type air cleaner).

Written for use with 100 ron octane rated fuel

Was impressed they bothered to get back to me, good customer service.

I've spoken to my ECU man. He's happy to open them up and look for any obvious faults, but without diagrams etc, if there's nothing visible then the best bet is to send it to Mines and see what they can do with it.

I've spoken to my ECU man. He's happy to open them up and look for any obvious faults, but without diagrams etc, if there's nothing visible then the best bet is to send it to Mines and see what they can do with it.

Can I get your address then benjy, hopefully he will be able to find and fix what's up with mine.

I already spoke to Mines and it would cost just as much as a new one from them to fix it.

Can I get your address then benjy, hopefully he will be able to find and fix what's up with mine.

I already spoke to Mines and it would cost just as much as a new one from them to fix it.

Christ didn't they want the best part of £1000 for a new one.

Did you do a diagnostic with Mines in the car?

Not had time to do anything yet or even go near a garage.

Atm the car works and that's good enough for me, in all honesty I have nearly had enough of it and might get something else that's cheaper to run until I can come back and buy an adults version.

Many of the upgraded TT ecu's have daughter boards on pin connectors and ribbon cable. I have had two ecus where these came loose and gave various issues. Both were fine after being reseated. Both had hot melt glue used to stop vibration loosening the boards, and in both cases it had failed to do so. Worth a quick look inside I'd have thought. Ground yourself to kill any static before poking about.

Many of the upgraded TT ecu's have daughter boards on pin connectors and ribbon cable. I have had two ecus where these came loose and gave various issues. Both were fine after being reseated. Both had hot melt glue used to stop vibration loosening the boards, and in both cases it had failed to do so. Worth a quick look inside I'd have thought. Ground yourself to kill any static before poking about.

It's sitting next to me atm, I might open it up and have a look.