The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra finally in for work! - Now with finished pictures!

Kilps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Bet you can't wait?!

Yours has been away much longer than mine though, you must be gagging to have her back!

I can't wait!! Not today now though :( Couple of bits taking longer than expected but there's no rush really, apart from it being a lovely sunny day! I'd rather it was all finished properly rather than rushed for a made up deadline!

Should get it back some time this week now. Hopefully it stays sunny!! And there will be plenty of pictures!

Still not got the car back :(

It's all back together apart from the headlights. I've asked for them to be repainted inside as the paint was in a state. Unfortunately the chrome came off when it was masked up and now trying to replicate the chrome effect with gloss silver paint is not going so well. I'm told the clear keeps reacting and bubbling/cracking. The rest of the headlight inside is matt black and they're painting this first, then the gloss/clear over the top, just on the rings.

Has anyone else tried to paint anything previously chromed and had similar issues?

Can't you re chrome them?

Possibly... I did ask that question and it can't be done where they are now, but I haven't looked any further. Would they have to chrome the whole thing (I'm not sure of the process)? Then paint over it for the black bits presumably?

Any suggestions of a decent chroming company, preferably in Sussex/Surrey?

Worse case.... New ones are currently £590 from Toyota, the left are available with the right on back order until next month.

Paul whiffin can get them straight away for £620ish if I recall

I was hoping to avoid having to buy new ones! I'm not afraid to spend money on the car, but I don't like to spend it unnecessarily so if I can get them sorted, that would be preferable.