The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet bulge opinions

Delboy52

Not entirely, it has alloys and it's despoilered.(I'll be reversing the latter soon) - hardly something associated with Max Power magazine covers now is it? ;)

The eyebrows just cheapen it, Supra headlights are pretty recognisable - you know it's a Supra, not some random sh**ter with extra bits of fibreglass tacked on to the bonnet.

Edit: Furthermore, the OP asked for opinions, he didn't say "Please only post your opinion about this bonnet if it's positive."

Yeah, and like the op he probably would like all opinions, I was just curious to your liking the bonnet to max power covers, considering the majority of supra owners have alloys and body kits.

Can anyone recommend someone/company that does bonnet fabrication work? I need to raise up the center section of the bonnet. Similar to how the Do-Luck one looks would be good.

I asked a local body shop re. working a bulge into a stock bonnet on their english wheel and they quoted £1500 plus VAT.

Maybe I could stick it on backwards so the vent is at the back and have it blended.

I asked a local body shop re. working a bulge into a stock bonnet on their english wheel and they quoted £1500 plus VAT.

They must be having a laugh, right? £1500 for a bulge??

Rob Mitchell was doing do-luck replica's, might be worth giving him a shout, see post #133 on this page -

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?230405-Darnley-Auto-Works/page9

Love the look of that bonnet. If Rob can make some real space under the centre section I'd be very interested

Putting a fibreglass bulge on a standard bonnet is far less work than what they have quoted though. The will need to strip the inside of the bonnet back removing all the supports, then use the english wheel to get the shape they want, then make new supports for the inside that follow the new shape and give extra clearance, then put it all back together before painting.