The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra RZ 6sp insurance value

rider

My insurance renewal is due next month.

I have my 96 import 6sp TT currently insured for a loss value of £6500. Its done 100k miles, been pampered for the 16 years I've owned it and has sailed through every MOT with inspector comments usually centred around its dirtier than it was last year or have you moved the tax disc holder. Seeing the prices people talk about in the for sale part maybe I should bump up the nominal value.

Has anyone sold a similar car recently to give a realistic market value rather than what people think it should be worth?

Pointless changing the value unless it is an agreed valuation.

You are in the insurance game so I guess you know.

The only time I ever had a total loss, when the car upped and disappeared never to be seen again, I got a pay out above the insured value by supporting the claim with printouts of classifieds for similar year, mileage and condition examples. So I guess the nominal value is just a guide and nothing else. I just figured a guide should be in the right ball park and possibly the current £6,500 isn't quite there.

I plugged in £9.5k as a value through compare site and LV insurance are lowest cost at £166 fully comp PNCD. Think I'll probably go for lower excess £186 Admiral (company I'm with already) quote. Not a bad quote seeing the first insurance I ever had on a Hillman 48bhp 1250 cc motor was that price.

I plugged in £9.5k as a value through compare site and LV insurance are lowest cost at £166 fully comp PNCD. Think I'll probably go for lower excess £186 Admiral (company I'm with already) quote. Not a bad quote seeing the first insurance I ever had on a Hillman 48bhp 1250 cc motor was that price.

^ Great price but it may be an idea to ask how they will value the Supra come claim time. Some insurers fail to recognise the higher value of the rarer models as they are set up to deal predominantly with standard UK cars.