The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skyline owner in Harrogate

Guest StuartTheFish

Ah, that's a shame. I just don't know if I'll be happy with an auto, but I won't know until I try one I guess.

Too much stigma attached to the auto box, just drive one. Plus the 6 speed box is a pretty rough, agricultural unit anyway, when I drove one I thought it was broken lol.

Guest StuartTheFish

It's not so much the supra auto that's the problem, for me it's just auto boxes in general. That said, I've heard the supra one is a good one. Are they tiptronic or anything? Possible to convert into a paddle shift setup maybe?

And thanks for your opinions on the blue one, I've not gone to see it yet, and now I'm not sure if I'll bother. I could still do with finding out if the child seats will fit in one though.

Cheers guys, seems I can get either an na manual, or a turbo auto for my budget then. Though that said, I can already see the for sale section and there are some that have been converted to 5 speed turbos at around the 4.5k mark?

I've actually just been offered a manual non turbo too, a bmw blue one in York, only 15 miles away from me. Would it be worth getting that, then saving up for an engine swap?

I know that car, gave the guy a hand on his for sale ad as it was shocking lol

Looks great

Guest StuartTheFish
I know that car, gave the guy a hand on his for sale ad as it was shocking lol

Looks great

Is the owner on here then? Do you personally know the car?

Guest StuartTheFish
He's not on here no.

I've only seen it a few times but saw his ad on Facebook, and he's friends with a close friend of mine.

Hmm, the seller claims to be called Michelle...

Guest StuartTheFish
This the light blue one?

With black rear diffuser?

I'm home in 2 weeks if you want me to come with you to view any car in or around York area.

Yeah, that's the one. Plenty of people have said I shouldn't really be considering a 5 speed anyway, so not sure if I'll end up viewing it or not yet.

Former R33 gtst owner and I can assure you that an NA supra will use more fuel than your R33 if both are driven reasonably. The main difference is that when driven hard the consumption on the Supra barely increases, I could watch the gauge dropping on the Skyline. The supra is a far more reliable vehicle though

Edited by GMan (see edit history)