The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheapest insurance company to insure the supra

Guest Knightrider1980

competition beat sky hands down evertime imo

Cci

Is who I am with and was calling about as I heard that they had stopped supra insurance but thats aload of tosh, but SKY did BEAT CCI, £25 but still beat them

This years grand total £660

6 years ncd

T67 single turbo + supporting mods

All mods declared

Great stuff luke and the rest of the SKY Team

Are they still covering supras, i thought i read on here they weren't anymore

I don't think they take new ones on. Too many claims from supras.

Funny that it's likely members insured but we never hear about the claims :)

Guest Knightrider1980
i did ask when i was on the phone to them about it and the bloke i was talking to said it was news to him and would of come up on his system that the car was on some sort of list ,

has anyone tried a new business quote?

Have not tried with sky yet, might give them a shout.

Admiral are good. £330 for mine with limited miles, with PNCB etc

Isn't a member having a big issue with Admiral offering £2k payout on a UK 6 speed.

Nobody really knows how good their insurance is till the worst happens, cheap doesn't mean good

Isn't a member having a big issue with Admiral offering £2k payout on a UK 6 speed.

Nobody really knows how good their insurance is till the worst happens, cheap doesn't mean good

I got offered 3k on a 1998 50k mile TT6 RZ VVTi as that was "book value"

I argued and argued until i was blue in the face to get the payout i wanted. Eventually i said, i dont want a pay out, i want a 1998 or newer 50k mile TT6 instead of money (well within consumer rights to request this).... funnily enough, they soon wrote me a cheque for what i wanted...

I'd rather not have to argue and know exactly where i stand, agreed value is the way to go in my

opinion on one of these cars

Deffinately, this wasnt with admiral, this was a claim off a third party (she hit me so i claimed on her insurance), i've never claimed from my own insurance

Im 500 years old with 235 years no claims.

I live in a portaloo on the surface of the sun.

The car is over 9000 bhp

I have an agreed value of 12 hundred billionty thousand queebarks.

The car is insured for trackdays and the occasional trip to the dagabar system every 12th sundays with the two moons align

comparing insurance quotes is pointless. just because one person gets a cheep quote doesn't mean you will. unless you have exactly the same driving history. live in the same post code. drive the same car. with the same mods. your probably still not going to get a similar quote. Im pretty sure the car insurance business is so messed up that when your on hold to them they are actually just picking numbers out of a bingo machine in the corner of the office.

Iv had years when iv hardly driven the car, the details havent changed and the quote has jumped 300 quid (after arguing the renewal quote) and then iv had the situation where i upgraded from a 400 bhp uk car. to a 520 bhp jspec single with a load of engine mods and they have just said "That will be £100 extra please" and some of that was an admin fee to change the details on the paperwork :S

I've found Elephant to be really good for what I've wanted.

I was getting quotes around £1k but Elephant updated my policy when I bought the Supe and only charged me an extra £40 (8 months cover left from a 52 plate leon cupra) so came to about £800.

Just had my renewal through and it is a few quid under £600 (28 and 2 years NCB)

They were also really good when adding temp cars onto policy (stuck the leon back on for a week before selling it and they only charged £28 and then when the supe was in the garage getting the boostlogic box rebuilt I bought a megane and that was only £42 to insure for a month!)

They never came up when checking on comparison websites so maybe worth a call.