The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RESOLVED: My stock TT max boost is 0.6...(now BPU& 0.79BAR)

supra_ufo

I would say a leak,

Have you put this into ttc and took it out for a blast to preasurise the system and then watched the egbv acuator arm or pulled a vac pipe off after 10 minutes to see if its still got preasure, this is the best way to check the hole sequential system for a leak,

I have a spare preasure tank in the back on my van if you need it , there is also a vsv over there too

Mellon when you said pressure tank here do you mean the thing I high lighted or something else mate?

Mellon when you said pressure tank here do you mean the thing I high lighted or something else mate?

the pressure tank is under the intake manifold. You can't really see it without taking the intake manifold off. If you have a small mirror it would help

the thing in the picture is the charcoal canister , i cant remember if that has a boost referance and is preasurised or not , but what i was talking about is the actual sequential preasure tank which is located inbetween the intake and block, you would have to take the intake pelum off to gain access to it , there is a tank and a vsv over there so also vac pipes , i do have one you can have with the vsv just give us a drink and cover postage if you want it

but you still need to see or at least tell us when your in TTC and the big exhaust actuator opens this is sort of near the front near the fist turbo and goes to the exhaust down pipe,

test it by setting to TTC driving try and get full boost tehn stop and pull the vac pipe off if you see it close then great its working , if you pull the pipe of and it does not move tehn you have a problem,

question 1, did your actuator move ? yes = you may have a intercooler pipe off and loosing boost that way, NO= move onto question 2

question 2, did you get a release of air when you pulled the vac pipe off the actuator ? Yes = your actuator if shot/seezed, NO = you have a vac leak.

now as we suspect the preasure tank as we can hear a leak in the vid you could simply get to the preasure tank vac pipe and give preasure from a foot pump or the likes of (with a gauge is a must ) pump until you get to 1 bar or 14psi and see if you hear a leak and loose preasure from your gauge reading ,

im at work so cant link in picture but i might be able to find so threads that you may have to look through

• 1 month later...

Just replaced the VSV and stuck the car back into normal seqential mode and its boosting to 1.2BAR :cool:

OMG the car is a monster, I think i prefer this to TTC

The old VSV must of been working but not 100%, I would of thought it either works or doesn't, well goes to show it doesn't.

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/mechanical/ttc/ttc02.jpg

Thanks for posting this up mate, I too have a problem with the sequential mode, in that sometimes it'll work fine, other times it just won't boost over 0.5 bar and feels like the second turbo isn't coming online.

I've put it into ttc mode, and it boosts hard to 1.2 bar, and that's how mine has stayed for a couple of months now.

I want to go back to sequential, but wasn't sure how to check everything - with the info in this thread, it will be a great help.

My top vsv checks out fine, according to the bgb and my multimeter readings - did yours?

Thanks for posting this up mate, I too have a problem with the sequential mode, in that sometimes it'll work fine, other times it just won't boost over 0.5 bar and feels like the second turbo isn't coming online.

I've put it into ttc mode, and it boosts hard to 1.2 bar, and that's how mine has stayed for a couple of months now.

I want to go back to sequential, but wasn't sure how to check everything - with the info in this thread, it will be a great help.

My top vsv checks out fine, according to the bgb and my multimeter readings - did yours?

Yours sounds like the egbv sticking, if it happens take you foot off the throttle and slam it back down I bet it will boost correctly after ;)

Nice to see the update wish everyonedone done that , top stuff mate awsome cars at sequential bpu now be careful in the winter

Yours sounds like the egbv sticking, if it happens take you foot off the throttle and slam it back down I bet it will boost correctly after ;)

Nice to see the update wish everyonedone done that , top stuff mate awsome cars at sequential bpu now be careful in the winter

Funny you should say that, because that does actually happen!

So, I just need to find out what an egbv is (exhaust gas bypass valve I guess)

Thanks bud :)

Just replaced the VSV and stuck the car back into normal seqential mode and its boosting to 1.2BAR :cool:

OMG the car is a monster, I think i prefer this to TTC

The old VSV must of been working but not 100%, I would of thought it either works or doesn't, well goes to show it doesn't.

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/mechanical/ttc/ttc02.jpg

glad to see your problem has been sorted. How did you change the vsv? is it labeled "IACV VSV" on the picture?

Funny you should say that, because that does actually happen!

So, I just need to find out what an egbv is (exhaust gas bypass valve I guess)

Thanks bud :)

how do you remove the EGBV? is there a guide anywhere to remove? ive looked on search, but cant find

thanks

glad to see your problem has been sorted. How did you change the vsv? is it labeled "IACV VSV" on the picture?

how do you remove the EGBV? is there a guide anywhere to remove? ive looked on search, but cant find

thanks

Yes thats the one, take the hoses off however be careful, as I pulled Iky's off last time and the plastic came off so gentley pry them off and lift at the same time. Its screwed down with a 10mm