The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to replace tyres - advice

Homer

Bridgstone RE050A's or Pirelli Rosso's would be my choice, had them both and were great tyres. The RE050A's being that little better in the wet and wearing very well :)

But if you can get the sizes I'd try the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, hell of a tyre I here!

I use the 050A's, but with me being a bit of an.....ehem.....'exhibitionist' I get very little use out of them :D.

I've got Goodyear Eagle F1s (255) on the stock rears and they grip well, allowing me to put my foot flat in every gear in the wet or dry and they hardly spin up.

I've got Michelin Pilot Sports on the LMs (285), and they spin in 2nd in the dry and I can get them to lose grip in 3rd in the wet.

I'll never buy the Michelins again, and will probably get some Eagle F1s when I have spare money to :)

I've got 452's on the rear at the moment, and was pleasantly surprised by them, having had some pretty bad experiences with Falken's in the past! My understanding is the 452 doesnt meet the upcoming noise regulation changes, so you'll only find someone who has old stock rather than new.

Also agree with the continental recomendation btw... loved those on my black car!

Crikey, los of opinions, thanks all :) Ian makes a good point and that's kind of cleared my head a bit of all the questions

Can anyone comment on the lifespan of the Toyo Proxes T1-R tyres, what sort of mileage will they do with general A and B road use?

The T1-R's I bought lasted only about 3k on the fronts of mine, they are a sof compound and perform well, but I can't have them wearing so quickly. They wore out on the very inside though the tread indicators are just about okay. It's more likely an issue with the geometry of my car so I will get it to Wheels in motion this week once the new tyres arrive (which I still have to select.

I'm going to try again for the 452's, Black circles don't have them in the sizes but hopefully camskill will (edit: Camskill have no stock either). Okay, back to the other brands :)

Guest Budz86

What wheels you got Daryl? I have a full set of stock 16's with virtually new 452's all round I'm selling. They could do with a refurb ideally but the tyres are perfect and they come with all 4 centercaps? Yours for £80 plus postage :)