The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cool picture of the old girl

JamieP

Best of the best! shame you wont build another

I might one day, saving for a new house first though.

I've got an urge for an E-type jaguar before I'd do another supra I think, modernise it with a some nice wheels/suspension/brakes and drop something with minimum 500bhp under the hood.

I don't miss it at all tbh, I just love the GTR.

It was best when I had the 7675H at 890bhp, spooled fast and was quick, I doubt I would ever go over a 67mm turbo though if I was to do it all again.

Loved them wheels, what happened to them? Do you not miss the manual shift as opposed to flappy paddles JP?

I am struggling to to find a replacement for the Supe that is a manual shift and also has the looks of my car. I am now thinking about getting a facelift TT6 and putting the best bits off ours to get the look. With ours being a Tip, I just don't use the buttons as I can't get used to that way of driving.

I had a decent drive in ours yesterday and although I love the turbos, I still had the urge to change down using the stick rather than the buttons as I got to a tight bend.

The attention the Supra got at a wedding yesterday was wonderful. Parked up next to a GTR in the car park which was nice to compare them. The GTR is massive by comparison.

H.

Loved them wheels, what happened to them? Do you not miss the manual shift as opposed to flappy paddles JP?

I am struggling to to find a replacement for the Supe that is a manual shift and also has the looks of my car. I am now thinking about getting a facelift TT6 and putting the best bits off ours to get the look. With ours being a Tip, I just don't use the buttons as I can't get used to that way of driving.

I had a decent drive in ours yesterday and although I love the turbos, I still had the urge to change down using the stick rather than the buttons as I got to a tight bend.

The attention the Supra got at a wedding yesterday was wonderful. Parked up next to a GTR in the car park which was nice to compare them. The GTR is massive by comparison.

H.

Gearbox is my favourite thing about the GTR, gear changes are insane, it's nothing like a triptronic, it's a manual box at the end on the day, there is no torque converter.

If there was no such thing as a GTR I'd be rolling in a Porsche 997 turbo S or gallardo.

At least with the GTR I can still do all the meets, japfest/japshow etc, in a Porsche/lambo I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I've got an urge for an E-type jaguar before I'd do another supra I think, modernise it with a some nice wheels/suspension/brakes and drop something with minimum 500bhp under the hood.

Now this is something I want to see!! I love the E-type, I had the chance to drive an Eagle E-Type, everything was updated and modernised but maintained 100% stock look apart from the brake discs. If you haven't already have a look at the Eagle website, will get you into build mode again ;)

Gearbox is my favourite thing about the GTR, gear changes are insane, it's nothing like a triptronic, it's a manual box at the end on the day, there is no torque converter.

If there was no such thing as a GTR I'd be rolling in a Porsche 997 turbo S or gallardo.

At least with the GTR I can still do all the meets, japfest/japshow etc, in a Porsche/lambo I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

I may have to drive one and see how it feels. As long as I can change up and down witrh my left hand and the response is instant like a manual then I will like it.

I may have to drive one and see how it feels. As long as I can change up and down witrh my left hand and the response is instant like a manual then I will like it.

Right paddle changes up the gears and left paddle down I'm affraid.

It's more instant than you could ever do with a gear stick.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Right paddle changes up the gears and left paddle down I'm affraid.

It's more instant than you could ever do with a gear stick.

Maybe I need to learn how to drive again then. I am a bit old school when it comes to these things.

H.

I might one day, saving for a new house first though.

2JZ/V160 would be perfect for such a thing :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't miss it at all tbh, I just love the GTR.

It was best when I had the 7675H at 890bhp, spooled fast and was quick, I doubt I would ever go over a 67mm turbo though if I was to do it all again.

How can you miss this :D [video=youtube;Eotmx-f84JA]