The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ultimate club car or civil war ?

Ewen

I'd say we build it to TOTB spec.......... that is, barely road legal enough to qualify and hopefully win big - built crate engine from one of the big US tuners, Y2K turbo or similar, TH400 tranny and lets see 8's in the UK :eyebrows:

:) An ember still burns.....

mmmmm. how about a raffle at £100 a ticket to club members only, some sponsership money, and we then buy one build it up to what we would like it to be, keep it street legal, and the winner of the raffle gets to keep it as there own car and keeps up the every day costs as in tax, insurance, etc, but the car still is the property of the club, and the winner has to allow certain members to take to club meets shows etc, if the winner cannot make it, then we get to do smaller raffles later on for the chance to have a go on the track or drag strip, obviously with free tuition from the more experienced members ie chris wilson ect:D

we could put the various bits to a poll and see what comes out. Carlos Fandango wheels and bad bwoy bonnets may be the order of the day.

I am discussing this with the other mods to see if it might be a goer. I think the sheer costs involved might stop it happening but you never know.

JB

I have some race bits I can donate:

5Kg seat

Race battery (varley red top)

6 Point Willans harness

3 Layer race suit & skid lid (in my size only ;))

etc

And possibly some sponsorship in the way of prep work on engine, transmission, shell, suspension etc by my former employer?

we could put the various bits to a poll and see what comes out. Carlos Fandango wheels and bad bwoy bonnets may be the order of the day.

I am discussing this with the other mods to see if it might be a goer. I think the sheer costs involved might stop it happening but you never know.

JB

Bloody eck.

May as well mention that I asked my boss last year if he'd fancy a £1000 logo on a show / drag car. He's up for it as long as it never appears in print between the legs of a 'model'. People dont usually expect the 'find the sun' in places like that:d

I can't see it happening, as well as arguments about its purpose and how to get it to said purpose there will be arguments about who does the work who gets to drive it etc etc.

There are also the cost implications, how many paid up members do we have that regularly contribute 350 ?

What sort of budget are we talking ?

Assuming we could get a base car cheap enough it would still be over 10 K