The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japshow Sunday 30th June - Santa pod Raceway!

Chris Bailey

Well this was complete failure for me, I arranged to drop some decat pipes off for Broomie and meet a few other people down there, however, with my car currently going single, I didn't have another Japanese car readily available, so I texted my mate who has a Celica to see if he was going down to Japshow and if he was, could I jump in? He replied with an affirmative and that he was heading down with the Celica Club, great, I thought.

So I wrapped up my decat pipes and headed over to his house first thing in the morning(5:30am start for me), so we loaded the car up, parked mine up and set off.............this is when things started to go wrong, we had been driving for about 30 minutes when he mentioned that a couple of other friends are coming to the show as well now they know that there is going to be lots of old classic cars there as well and not just jap cars, 'errrrrrrrr, no mate, James is taking his Eleanor, but that's pretty much it for non jap' I replied.

At this point he started to argue with me that it wasn't just a jap car show, it's for all sorts, my reply was 'Why the hell do they call it JAPshow then?', 'it's not called Japshow' he replied, this is where I started to worry and asked him on where we were going...........'Thoresby Park, near Ollerton'.........................'F**K, I'm going to the wrong show!!!!!!'.

After some shouting and rather large amounts of swearing, I realised that Japshow was out the window and the 'Sheffield Festival of Transport' with the Celica club was where I was now going.

In all fairness though, it wasn't a bad show and was made a lot better by a couple of nice looking women both driving Ferrari F355's:innocent:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this was complete failure for me, I arranged to drop some decat pipes off for Broomie and meet a few other people down there, however, with my car currently going single, I didn't have another Japanese car readily available, so I texted my mate who has a Celica to see if he was going down to Japshow and if he was, could I jump in? He replied with an affirmative and that he was heading down with the Celica Club, great, I thought.

So I wrapped up my decat pipes and headed over to his house first thing in the morning(5:30am start for me), so we loaded the car up, parked mine up and set off.............this is when things started to go wrong, we had been driving for about 30 minutes when he mentioned that a couple of other friends are coming to the show as well now they know that there is going to be lots of old classic cars there as well and not just jap cars, 'errrrrrrrr, no mate, James is taking his Eleanor, but that's pretty much it for non jap' I replied.

At this point he started to argue with me that it wasn't just a jap car show, it's for all sorts, my reply was 'Why the hell do they call it JAPshow then?', 'it's not called Japshow' he replied, this is where I started to worry and asked him on where we were going...........'Thoresby Park, near Ollerton'.........................'F**K, I'm going to the wrong show!!!!!!'.

After some shouting and rather large amounts of swearing, I realised that Japshow was out the window and the 'Sheffield Festival of Transport' with the Celica club was where I was now going.

In all fairness though, it wasn't a bad show and was made a lot better by a couple of nice looking women both driving Ferrari F355's:innocent:

I did laugh a lot when you text me! :rlol:

hell yeah! seriously suffering from it. always burn up there :D

Haha!

As Jamie said its not the end, Chris tried his best to let people know about the event but really it just needs a bit more planning in advanced and next year there will be a Suprapod as Branners said we shall just take whatever date pod can give us :) I look forward to hopefully going to this and pod next year when I have a supra :)

I had a good day, sun burnt to a crisp today though! :( Eleanor was better received than I thought despite not being Jap.... well it was Jap to the muppet on the gate! :D Jap-priced entry FTW!

Thanks for telling me I had ripped my shorts up the back you b@sta7ds! :D

Haha Awesome the people on the gate were a bit slow, my mate tried to get in in his Lexus is200 and the girl at the gate had to ask a colleague is Lexus was Japanese haha

I had a good day, sun burnt to a crisp today though! :( Eleanor was better received than I thought despite not being Jap.... well it was Jap to the muppet on the gate! :D Jap-priced entry FTW!

Thanks for telling me I had ripped my shorts up the back you b@sta7ds! :D

We just thort thats why thay call you ... PANTS ... lol

I also had a good day at the JapShow on Sunday.

It was great to meet a number of fellow forum members in the staging lanes early on Sunday morning.

I took part in the RWYB and ran a best of 11.87secs at 120.9mph. This was good enough to win the Toyota RWYB class and I came home with a nice little trophy!

Also the sun was shining!

A good day

Simon

Was very nice to meet you simon :D I had a good weekend. Ran for the first time ever on the saturday and ran a 15.8 ^_^ it has made me look back on my savings and maybe put vegas off for a bit for some more power :p would have been nice to have a big stand with everyone but... bring on JAE!!

Confused dot com .. I thought letmeshow you was adi ??

,, ps re elLanor getting in as a jap car OH the irony..... when the girl on the gate tried to charge Jpow as a non jap ,

she even had the gall to tell him its a not jap he gave her both barrels i was in stitches as i could hear it over the walkie talkies

Had a great weekend with all of you , next time i will run tinas supra if she wont i will mwhaaaaaa

I also had a good day at the JapShow on Sunday.

It was great to meet a number of fellow forum members in the staging lanes early on Sunday morning.

I took part in the RWYB and ran a best of 11.87secs at 120.9mph. This was good enough to win the Toyota RWYB class and I came home with a nice little trophy!

Also the sun was shining!

A good day

Simon

Your car was such a sleeper!....:D - Looked awesome!

ps re elLanor getting in as a jap car OH the irony..... when the girl on the gate tried to charge Jpow as a non jap ,

she even had the gall to tell him its a not jap he gave her both barrels i was in stitches as i could hear it over the walkie talkies

Girl " Is this a jap car "

Me (on walkie talkie) "guys shes asking here if my car is jap"

Girl "dont get funny its got no badge"

Me "The other 3 toyota supras behind all have badges"

Girl "is it JAP then?"

Me - hand over 25 while laughing out loud.

^____________^