The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power run today in my new supra :)

Twisted

If anyone is interested I drive a totally stock engine and exhaust, TT auto VVTI and it's and X reg and it has 301bhp, running slightly rich.

Dangerously rich AFR at under 10, you must have seen alot of black smoke sucked up by the extractors!

Guest Budz86
Go bpu up the boost and let the bitch off the chain!! The difference is awesome!

Do this! Anyone who has driven or owned a BPU, whether auto or single would agree the difference is amazing! In terms or insurance companies, they tend to work on the power of the car as opposed to the mods fitted, certainly at BPU.

Do this! Anyone who has driven or owned a BPU, whether auto or single would agree the difference is amazing! In terms or insurance companies, they tend to work on the power of the car as opposed to the mods fitted, certainly at BPU.

Going to need to look into another insurance company now. My current one only allows 6 mods that's aren't optional extras and with the body kit, alloys, spoiler and tinted windows I'm already up to 4!

Competition car insurance(CCI) unlimited mods, just declare what you have and the bhp. They insure for 400hp, the next step is 650hp, as long as you stick within your stated bhp and email them any mods as you add them they are happy. Underwritten by aviva iirc.

Competition car insurance(CCI) unlimited mods, just declare what you have and the bhp. They insure for 400hp, the next step is 650hp, as long as you stick within your stated bhp and email them any mods as you add them they are happy. Underwritten by aviva iirc.

they are great if you dont use your car for commuting. they wouldnt insure me because i wanted to drive to work in it occasionaly. the policy is very limited milage. as its intended for cars so you can drive them to trackdays and back. i also recall seeing somewhere they were asking for proof you actualy attend track days. and that they were also stopping taking new supras on as they had so many new policies and they were having to pay out on too many.

The sports car policy for track day use has commuting and can be used at 4/6/8/10 thousand miles. It is based on commuting to a single place of work and has 4 trackdays included. The excess is higher on track. i think that you have been advised wrongly. They still do the policy as I renewed last week. They had increased the policy because they had increased the included mileage iirc.

We are both 37 with max ncb, it is under £500 with unlimited mods and a 400bhp limit. I think the 650bhp limit pushed it up by £100ish. It is valued at £10k with a £350 excess

That's because less than 10 is off the scale for most sensors. You're running pig rich.

How do I fix it? I never saw any black smoke and the power loss I had, over that many years, seems reasonable. It doesn't seem at all broken or like anything is wrong.

I also get around 300 miles to a tank. 380 if I drive like a granny. So fuel consumption seems normal

Fuel consumption over a tank worth is mostly closed loop, especially if you drive carefully. Open-loop (at full throttle) is where *your* car is over-fueling. Ask your dyno operator on how to sort out the fueling. If that dyno chart was from just one run, then it could have been just random, you need a few runs to see what the ECU is doing - especially if you reset the ECU recently.

Fuel consumption over a tank worth is mostly closed loop, especially if you drive carefully. Open-loop (at full throttle) is where *your* car is over-fueling. Ask your dyno operator on how to sort out the fueling. If that dyno chart was from just one run, then it could have been just random, you need a few runs to see what the ECU is doing - especially if you reset the ECU recently.

I see. He did say it was running rich and told me I would probably need a remap to sort it.

Guest Budz86

Hmmm, you probably know this already but you can't remap a stock ecu. Plus, it shouldn't be running 10's on the stock setup, even at WOT. Maybe worth checking the o2 sensors? Or getting it on the dyno again to check the afr's

Hmmm, you probably know this already but you can't remap a stock ecu. Plus, it shouldn't be running 10's on the stock setup, even at WOT. Maybe worth checking the o2 sensors? Or getting it on the dyno again to check the afr's

Yeah I did think as much. I may do later on but to be honest I've seen no black smoke at all which was suggested I would see at that low a afr reading. So I would believe that maybe there was just some confusion within the measuring system somewhere. It only done 3 runs. I'll find another rolling road somewhere and compare results. If a afr of 10 is crazy low then surely I will get some physical sign?