The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the bhp of a stock mk4. Non turbo.?

herbiemercman

The figure of 220HP is when new. Any 20 year old motor is going to have lost quite a few of its horses by now.

Just to put this out there. A well maintained vehicle will better keep its ponnies.

Had mine on the dyno as NA before the NA-T in 2010 and was showing 222bhp at the flywheel. And if I remember correctly Martin and Neil-NA had better than this with mods.

I usually get this sorta comment from people after just doing an oil change on their car. &the oil taken out could of been used as filler :D

Followed by that's a nice car, what does it do mpg?........... :lol:

Not saying your one of these :) just that, a better maintained engine will far out perform a lesser cared for one& reduce the amount of lost ponnies ;)

Just to put this out there. A well maintained vehicle will better keep its ponnies.

Had mine on the dyno as NA before the NA-T in 2010 and was showing 222bhp at the flywheel. And if I remember correctly Martin and Neil-NA had better than this with mods.

I usually get this sorta comment from people after just doing an oil change on their car. &the oil taken out could of been used as filler :D

Followed by that's a nice car, what does it do mpg?........... :lol:

Not saying your one of these :) just that, a better maintained engine will far out perform a lesser cared for one& reduce the amount of lost ponnies ;)

Or the dyno can be wrong ;) we all know how accurate they are :p

i saw tony ponds drive a rover 3.5 lit stirling arround the tt circuit, seeing was beleiving, fairly big lump of a car, his nerve and driving ability you cannot buy.

many car ownwers give up at circa 120 mph even if their wheels are capable of much more speed, they cannot "read it" fast enough, i am not talking about putting the power down in a straight line, but the fastest guy (or girl), over a complex 40 mile circuit.

my brother bought a tt new in 1994,he still has it and chris wilson did some work on it a couple of years back, it was fully loaded in japan and alleged to have over 400bhp, he used to blow many bikes on the tt cource with 3 of us in the car, BUT some of the big 1,000cc bikes and tt guys practicing amongst the crowd would leave us on the run down the mountain,currently they are touching 220mph down from creg to brandish,. not for the feint hearted though, you feel like you are flying through the mountains in a hellicopter. not quite,BUT nearly as good as sex. ? herbiemercman.

Edited by herbiemercman (see edit history)