The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bye bye NA - Hello BOOST!

Benjy

Good luck putting that engine back together, looks like you got some hours to put in there! I've got the whole supra workshop manual on the laptop if you want me to try and e-mail it across to you? All pdf :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah if you don't mind mate.

[email protected]

Only a few hours. Lol Got to find me a couple more bottom end parts and then send it away to be tinkered with, and then when I get it back I'll start lobbing it together. Going to strip the head in the mean time and replace the guides and stem seals so it's ready to go on when the rest comes back.

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck with the build mate, my car must have given you the boost bug :D

Mighta done... :sly: :D

Watching with interest, let us know how you get on.

Anything specific to look out for being an NA6? I am hoping to follow suit soon!! (if I ever find a suitable engine).

Will do mate, will do photo progress and she's stripped. The Bomex skirts are replica's (bloody good ones!) but the fibreglass has absorbed moisture and bubbling and just looks shat for want of a better phrase!

How do you mean mate? Look out for what?

Mighta done... :sly: :D

Will do mate, will do photo progress and she's stripped. The Bomex skirts are replica's (bloody good ones!) but the fibreglass has absorbed moisture and bubbling and just looks shat for want of a better phrase!

How do you mean mate? Look out for what?

Though that can be easily sorted! You taking somewhere for the body work?

I mean in the sense, if it is an auto engine then does it need some sort work to fit the 6 speed, spigot or whatever it is called? Is it pretty straight forward?

It's giant mechano with some plugs and pipes my friend!

I'm already running the 6spd box, and although I believe my NA flywheel might fit, I'm also informed that it's dual mass and therefore, pants. My loom's from an auto but easily modified to be TT6.

• 1 month later...

Update:

RPS flywheel bought.

ITS T74GTQ turbo bought.

3" down pipe bought.

ARP rod and main cap bolts bought.

Next up are:

Crank pulley,

Clutch kit,

T4 manifold,

Injectors,

Pistons,

Bottom end bearings,

Pump,

Cams,

ECU.

There are other bits that I'll collect along the way. Hoping to get the bottom end stuff first, then I can get the block/crank etc built, ready to put the head on and carry on from there

Edited by Benjy (see edit history)