The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone has driven into my car!

scott87

You should count yourself lucky he or she left a contact number and didn't just drive off.

This happened to me last May :(

Are you joking :blink:. I got quoted 1200quid for a full respray?! Its only spraying thats needed ill fit myself.

When this happened to me, I had to go for a full respray due to the custom paint previously that could not be matched.

I paid £2000 for a full respray, NOT including engine bay, boot shut, (wanted to keep the cost down, and the shiny bits stand out more against the dark bay) or the bonnet (carbon), but then they had to work over time to get it done for JapFest.

I was quoted £3000 for a FULL spray, including the bits I missed out as mentioned.

Remember, a proper full respray is an engine out job ;)

Just got the repair quotes in:

Repair bumper and respray - £200

Beat panel and respray - £150

Blend into rest of car - £150

Just spoken to the woman too and bloody brilliant but she is posh and wealthy and willing to pay for the damage without using insurance :-D

I wouldn't want repaired panels full of filler on my car and if someone else is paying i'd be

giving her a price for new bumper wing etc etc.

If you then choose to replace with straight second hand parts then i'm sure you can do the maths :)

I think it's about the Quality of work here!

I got my old bonnet resprayed at a cost of £780 due to it being keyed by PL Car Bodies in Warwick who did a fantastic job. They also mopped and polished the entire car. Not bad really as the bonnet is huge.

have to disagree here, i think prices can be cheaper and still get a brilliant job, i did for a lot less!

I think it's about the Quality of work here!

I got my old bonnet resprayed at a cost of £780 due to it being keyed by PL Car Bodies in Warwick who did a fantastic job. They also mopped and polished the entire car. Not bad really as the bonnet is huge.

Go see Taj next to Ibrar next time mate as thats totally taking the p155, he's just done my bonnet

and its a perfect job for a lot less than that

Dnk is probably quoting new parts from Toyota though :p and his car being as good as it is he maybe doesn't mind paying that bit more to get a really good job.

But at the end of the day it's a 20 year old Toyota and quotes of 1500 quid to repair a bit of damage is why they get written off :p a 1000 pound bumper on a 2 grand car doesn't make it worth 3 grand :p

I'd guess this.

70 quid 2nd hand bumper. 50 2nd hand wing.

200 fit and paint bumper as its quite big. 125 for respray and fit wing. Then maybe 100 quid more for blending the paint with door/bonnet.

That's roughly what my local accident damage place charge. As a guide about 100 quid a pannel for paint. Plus fitting. I always supply the main parts though.

When I had my accident I had bumper and wing replaced aswell as another wing and bonnet repaired and painted. A new bit welded in that holds the headlights and both doors painted and that came in at 1500. The parts etc pushed it up to about 2500 though!

And just reading the thread again It's prety much the same as the quote you have. So as long as they do good work go with that.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

I agree with Dunk too. You never asked to be hit, so why fit second hand parts or filler parts

Because its a 20 year old car, if it was a newish car I'd want a new pannel.

And it's not going to increase the value of your car. If you don't want filler. Fit a good 2nd hand pannel. Nothing wrong with that.

I'd everyone starts quoting new pannel prices for old cars no wonder people just drive off or leave wrong numbers

A new Bumper and wing dunk?

A new bumper from toyota is Nearly £1k these days!

The point i'm trying to make is this, if someone else is paying and if they want to avoid using there

insurance then you should give them the worst case scenario and take it from there.

A bumper is -£263 + vat

A wing is ----£124 + vat

Then factor in the labour and paint and you quickly see why i said £1k in my previous reply.

The point i'm trying to make is this, if someone else is paying and if they want to avoid using there

insurance then you should give them the worst case scenario and take it from there.

A bumper is -£263 + vat

A wing is ----£124 + vat

Then factor in the labour and paint and you quickly see why i said £1k in my previous reply.

£970 somethig + vat when i was quoted. For a facelift if it makes a difference. One of the reasons they wrote my last car off, along with the active spoiler unit being at £4k

Not sure where your getting your prices from but the active spoiler was just over £1k last time i

priced it up for a UK spec car.

The prices i just quoted are fresh this morning and the bumper is just the outer surround

I personally wouldn't accept repaired panels clagged up with filler, especially a flexible bumper

Not sure where your getting your prices from but the active spoiler was just over £1k last time i

priced it up for a UK spec car.

The prices i just quoted are fresh this morning and the bumper is just the outer surround

I personally wouldn't accept repaired panels clagged up with filler, especially a flexible bumper

My local charles clarke toyota.

I called myself out of interest when i wanted numerous parts for my last car. Although this was last year.

other prices were £600 for headlights, a grand for the bonnet etc etc. The garage it went to be assessed at had the same prices quoted also.

have to disagree here, i think prices can be cheaper and still get a brilliant job, i did for a lot less!

Yes perhaps, but the guy there did a number of prestige marques and I just bit the bullet mate at the time and wanted it done.

Go see Taj next to Ibrar next time mate as thats totally taking the p155, he's just done my bonnet

and its a perfect job for a lot less than that

Funny you should mention that bud, I believe Ibrar is using him to spray my Low Boot Spoiler that I'm having fitted and as you say many people rave about him. Thanks though, this was 7 years back when I was perhaps a tad "stupid" - although the principle of you get what you pay for is the same ;)

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

The wing needs pulling out ever so slightly and respraying tiny job. The bumper is a tiny bit of fibre glass repair as the crack is just surface.

The place is a great body shop and I trust them completely. So it's not being stuffed with filler or anything. It is a minor repair and a lot of respraying.