The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Performance Magazine - Supra Dyno Day.

Chris Bailey

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraudulent eBay listings (happened before with old supra), full name given alongside registration here so not hard to instigate a false claim either etc. There's quite a few reasons. Example from an article all about it:

The truth is you can find out a lot from someone's license tags. Officer Mosqueda said that there are both legal and illegal ways to find a person's name, address, the registration and fee history of the car, and more. All this information can be made available to anyone, either through the DMV or through paid services, many of which are online.

For example, in California, to go through the DMV, one would fill out an INF 70 form, which allows people to request information on a given license plate number. The form does list a set of permissible uses, such as driver safety, theft, hiring commercial drivers, etc. but if someone's the sort of perv that wants a person's license information so they can masturbate outside their bedroom window, I don't think they'd have much issue lying on the form.

Fair doos about name an reg, but covering reg plates up in adverts is simply pointless IMO as you can see the plate when your driving anyway! I'm also sure If a false claim was made you woul have to simply prove It was not you.

Edited by skippyboyo1 (see edit history)

Lmao, I've got my work cut out if I want to try and beat yours in a show and shine. :)

They are getting fed up with the orange now! the judges got moody at the last show and i never nearly even won anything as they think its unfair on the others.... You car is knockout mate!! i was well stunned it never got anything but next time put your entry in way before judging lol not 5 mins before ha ha

you cant just go to the dvla and get the address of a reg number. thats all for the usa so irrelevant.

USA, Germany, UK. I'm sure the Country doesn't matter but the principle of finding information and having my personal details publicised is the same. I am just saying there was no request for owner permission by the magazine to show these details and that's more the point.

• 2 weeks later...