The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Evening all, new UK spec owner..

Guest JayK88

You sure about that?! Anyway just saw an opportunity to have some fun and big up the UK spec. Not even sure spec is relevant after nearly 20 years, cars will need to assessed on their individual merits . . . . . and insurance quotes!

Insurance is definitely a plus point on the UK cars I was talking to Mike (SupramanUK) and there's £400 difference between my jspec TT and his UK spec (all being mine is an unlimited mod policy ;) ) and we are near as dammit the same age

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats's fine as I don't want to sell but you can't have everything!

It's a manual, totally standard and as it came out of the factory, well apart from a newly aquired set of BBS LM alloys but have kept the original wheels. Low miles relative to age (95k) with thousands spent on prevantative maintence and non of this rust underneath that everyone thinks UK specs suffer from.

You also forgot the main benefit of the UK cars, cheap insurance!

sounds beautiful.. :( mind if I PM you a few questions? (about the car, few things I still dont know)

- - - Updated - - -

Insurance is definitely a plus point on the UK cars I was talking to Mike (SupramanUK) and there's £400 difference between my jspec TT and his UK spec (all being mine is an unlimited mod policy ;) ) and we are near as dammit the same age

thats quite a difference :blink:

You sure about that?! Anyway just saw an opportunity to have some fun and big up the UK spec. Not even sure spec is relevant after nearly 20 years, cars will need to assessed on their individual merits . . . . . and insurance quotes!

They don't need to bigged up as they are awesome :cool: joking aside though all supras are cool but UK's more so, I joke but seriously JDM = GayDM :sly:

I also have an at fault claim on my policy too.

one being the rarity, I love having things that are few are far between, it will have to be a Manual too. Not only that though, they're a slightly better spec from what I have researched!

You sure about that?!

Of course, please see above.

Don't forgot that Adam lives in Nottingham where you get stabbed for looking in the wrong direction and Mike lives in Chesterfield where the biggest news story is "The swans have escaped again" followed closely by "Cows fart too much" :D

Also limiting the mileage helps massively, I saved about £300 from not taking out an unlimited policy to limiting mine to 4,000 miles a year. Depending on your age you can also apply for classic car insurance though again most of these are mileage restricted.

Of course, please see above.

Don't forgot that Adam lives in Nottingham where you get stabbed for looking in the wrong direction and Mike lives in Chesterfield where the biggest news story is "The swans have escaped again" followed closely by "Cows fart too much" :D

Also limiting the mileage helps massively, I saved about £300 from not taking out an unlimited policy to limiting mine to 4,000 miles a year. Depending on your age you can also apply for classic car insurance though again most of these are mileage restricted.

I read that story, rivetting stuff !!

Abz, so subtly put :rlol:

But yeah limited mileage brings it down!

sounds beautiful.. :( mind if I PM you a few questions? (about the car, few things I still dont know)

- - - Updated - - -

PM away, will try and answer any questions.

On the insurance I would say the potential savings are greater than what has been suggested. I was 26 when I got the UK and with limited history as I'd been living abroad UK spec was £550 vs over £1,500 for a jspec, it has since come down further.

I read that story, rivetting stuff !!

Abz, so subtly put :rlol:

But yeah limited mileage brings it down!

:D

PM away, will try and answer any questions.

On the insurance I would say the potential savings are greater than what has been suggested. I was 26 when I got the UK and with limited history as I'd been living abroad UK spec was £550 vs over £1,500 for a jspec, it has since come down further.

Blimey that is huge difference!! :blink:

I have only found it £150 difference at the most, though turning 28 soon might have helped.

:D

Blimey that is huge difference!! :blink:

I have only found it £150 difference at the most, though turning 28 soon might have helped.

Yep surprised me, recently bought a mini cooper s as a daily and even that's more expensive to insure! J-specs were around the same ballpart as e46 M3's, 911 turbo's (996) and S2000's when I was shopping around.

Good point, but as you pointed out I live in Notts, not the best place ;)

Better than London, you get stabbed here... well just for the stake of it! :D

This is a joke by the way for the people who are coming to London.... they use guns instead :sly:

Lets start with full leather interior trim and all the options (active aero, heated seats etc) as standard, better suspension developed for our $#@! roads, steel turbo's, bigger injectors, large case diff, diff cooler, big brakes as standard and not to mention the dildo's on the front. Hell even the small things in life such as a rear fog light make a differnce

Old mans cream leather, heated seats (for old mans bad back), dildo's (exactly) but............. is it any faster? nope

He was comparing the manual being better spec than the auto ;)

autos rule the streets Abz we all know that :D

Don't forget CD autochanger, twin interior lights, electric headlight adjusters and a rear bumper that doesn't have some horrible plastic around the number plate :p

my GZ has autochanger, twin interior lights and why would I want to change my headlight adjustment lol :jester:

They don't need to bigged up as they are awesome :cool: joking aside though all supras are cool but UK's more so, I joke but seriously JDM = GayDM :sly:

Jap car, jap heritage, jap icon, why would anybody want " made in UK " dildoed on the front (do they even clean the headlights) ?

Guns are for weaklings up here we use strongly worded letters !!

I am surprised you guys don't use feather tickling on the sole of the foot as punishment!! :D

autos rule the streets Abz we all know that :D

Tell me about it :(

I am starting to dislike the 6 speed, think I might go auto.

• 5 weeks later...