The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VIDEO - 30 -140mph in the wet with syvecs traction control...

Kaan W

Thanks mate i'll look into getting it up there, what do they actually do and does it make a BIG difference? All ive changed is the wheels since the last geo setup.

Yep, these guys don't look at a book they understand what you want and what with what they got.

Tony was helping Gaz Shocks develop a new suspension for the Supra, I had the prototype on my previous Supra. When I had the system fitted it was a little slippy on full power, much like the old stock suspension. He tweaked it and then we went out for a spin and the difference was amazing. Did a U turn and then full acceleration and where it would normal slip a little the car was spot on, felt well balanced. Without a doubt highly recommended for special application, pretty sure even JamieP uses them.

;)

Yep, these guys don't look at a book they understand what you want and what with what they got.

Tony was helping Gaz Shocks develop a new suspension for the Supra, I had the prototype on my previous Supra. When I had the system fitted it was a little slippy on full power, much like the old stock suspension. He tweaked it and then we went out for a spin and the difference was amazing. Did a U turn and then full acceleration and where it would normal slip a little the car was spot on, felt well balanced. Without a doubt highly recommended for special application, pretty sure even JamieP uses them.

;)

Wow, I think that will solve all to my problems as the car does seem a little unbalanced under normal driving. Thanks again :thumbs:

Guest Nicholas

Learn to drive a 600hp wheel wheel drive car in the wet or do what most of us do at this incredibly dangerous time of year and put her away till March.

Learn to drive a 600hp wheel wheel drive car in the wet or do what most of us do at this incredibly dangerous time of year and put her away till March.

I dont think its about learning to drive it, the point was to see if my traction control was working correctly.... Why have a traction control wet setting if you still cant drive it?

Guest Nicholas
I dont think its about learning to drive it, the point was to see if my traction control was working correctly.... Why have a traction control wet setting if you still cant drive it?

Good point but the roads aren't just wet their very very cold and in some cases icey. I've never been a fan of any TC systems and wouldn't trust it, especially at this time of year.

Good point but the roads aren't just wet their very very cold and in some cases icey. I've never been a fan of any TC systems and wouldn't trust it, especially at this time of year.

agreed - my car doesnt have any traction control, even when i had it i didnt like it.

this time of year is the worst for taking the car out - even on a sunny day you can bet your ass there will be patches of ice somewhere - just aint worth it for me!

agreed - my car doesnt have any traction control, even when i had it i didnt like it.

this time of year is the worst for taking the car out - even on a sunny day you can bet your ass there will be patches of ice somewhere - just aint worth it for me!

I dont like it either but then im probably just best off waiting until the summer now... Damn weather!

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

BPU here and took her out Saturday for a spirited drive. I was breaking traction in first three gears and the back end also stepped out a little at around 50mph. It was fun but also a sign that now is the time for her to be garaged safely. Driving in the wet is pointless.