The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Common" Supra's ?

Gerry

I've been doing a bit of research on this. Using 2002 figures...

There are 24 million cars registered in the UK. Let's say there are 4800 Supras in the country (for the sake of some easy maths). That means that only 0.02% of the cars in the UK are Supras.

That means you'll see around 5000 other cars between each Supra sighting.

More stats:

There are 704,000 cars of engine capacity between 2500 and 3000cc. Again using our 4800 figure, that means that only 0.68% of cars in the UK that have an engine capacity in this range are Supras (remember that will include the NA versions too).

And that's using a 4800 figure, which personally I think is a bit high. Not a common car though by any means.

I've been doing a bit of research on this. Using 2002 figures...

There are 24 million cars registered in the UK. Let's say there are 4800 Supras in the country (for the sake of some easy maths). That means that only 0.02% of the cars in the UK are Supras.

That means you'll see around 5000 other cars between each Supra sighting.

More stats:

There are 704,000 cars of engine capacity between 2500 and 3000cc. Again using our 4800 figure, that means that only 0.68% of cars in the UK that have an engine capacity in this range are Supras (remember that will include the NA versions too).

And that's using a 4800 figure, which personally I think is a bit high. Not a common car though by any means.

4700 of them are in Bournemouth/Poole/Southampton/Salisbury area.

I forgot to mention the 5 I see every day at a dealers that haven't sold in over 3 months at what I would have considered a fair dealer price.

Must mention went to Scotland for a week in May, drove 1600 miles and only saw 1 supra on our last day in the petrol station. I would say that they are still a rare sight,and also agree that I see more Aston's or Bentley GT's than Supra's these days!(Quite surprising)

They are common in my street, 3 in total including mine, not saying I am the trend setter but mine was first though.

Total in northants I think is about 10 so they are pretty common around here. Does'nt bother me though, 10 aint that many when you consider 20000 vectras, 10000 golfs etc

Left MK on monday ...down M1 round M25 down M23 to Brighton along coast road through Newhaven to Eastbourne back in land on A22 to hailsham......Back today up A22 through East Grinsted /Gatwick up M23 round M25 up the M1 back to MK and not a one too be seen....where were you lot.....hiding???? :shrug:

94.6% of all stats are crap ;)

More importantly, I wave (very enthusiastically, if not violently) at all Supra owners, sometimes to the degree that they park up and look for faults they believe I was pointing to.

But only about 1/3 actually wave back, so using our amazing statisics I calculated that 2/3 Supra owners are grumpy bastards who need to make the change to a big single turbo.

There is NO WAY I can drive round grumpy in TAZ :)

I went full length of M1 this weekend (Leeds to London) on Sat saw 0 Supras, and a fairly quiet day for other "interesting" cars only saw 1 RX7, an Aston Martin Vantage on a recovery truck (Gutted) and about 6 Boxters.

However the return trip early Sunday evening 6:00 ish was very interesting. I saw 1 Supra southbound at about London Gateway Services. Then around J13 All hell broke loose.....

Something must have been happening as I saw in the space of 10 miiles (mainly stuck in traffic jams) A Lotus Esprit, 2 Lotus Cortinas, Lotus Elan, 6 Skylines, 3 RX7, 2 RX8, about 8 Sierra Cosworths, and I lost count of the Scoobys, Evos and Boxters all headed Southbound.... but you guessed it not a single other Supra all the way to Leeds.

Presumably this was the fall out from The USC at Santa Pod....

There used to be a RED one at the end of my road, dont know if the guy sold it cos i havent seen it for about a month! Also see another red supra regularly around the swanley bexley area apart from that i would regard them as a rare sight

Oh and i am not one of the grumpy Supra drivers although i know what you mean i usually flash my lights when i see another Supe often i get a blank "what the hell are you flashin at" look in return!

Well did a trip from birmingham to london and back yesterday and only saw one other supra. It was a black one on the side of a massive billboard in london advertising the new gillette turbo nitro razor thing. Saw about 20 porshes, 2 ferraris but not one supra.