The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to do a poss conversion?

hazza

Only thing is I have only just bought mine and also it's a targa top what makes it a bit more unique?

May get a turbo kit..... And declare it :D

Fair enough, although with only £2k to play with I wouldn't bother.

If you scroll down the page, you'll notice it says no longer sold due to inconsistencies (iow unreliable) and for that price, i'm not surprised.

I used to have an NA, and was going to turbo it, but in the end decided to just buy a TT mate. Costs less, you'll have less dramas, much easier.

And believe it or not, my insurance went down on the TT compared to the NA!!!

If you scroll down the page, you'll notice it says no longer sold due to inconsistencies (iow unreliable) and for that price, i'm not surprised.

I used to have an NA, and was going to turbo it, but in the end decided to just buy a TT mate. Costs less, you'll have less dramas, much easier.

And believe it or not, my insurance went down on the TT compared to the NA!!!

Wow man thats awsome! I've just come across one called dave h been highly rated?

If I don't go ahead il just do some exhaust and suspension mods and just save for a tt :D

I could use more funds as I'm selling my civic atm I have a bit behind me got good work etc

Insuraning a tt that expensive!? Lol

I pay £1400 on my j spec tt6. I had a drink driving ban 4 years ago. Got 3 years no claims and I'm 23.

I thought that was quiet reasonably as I pay 900 on the passat estate.

Sadly Supra's are not the sort of cars to modify with small budgets. I agree with the others, sell and stick the £2k towards a proper TT. Have you actually driven a fully BPU'd TT supra? They arent slow by any means and there still isnt much on the roads day to day that can take them.

And as for not declaring mods? dont even bother, if you cant afford to insure the supra when its modified then its really not the car for you. My car is an NA-TT brought from Hoff on here and insured with Sky, everything is declared, yes its costs more but that comes with the car. If you think insurers/police are not actively on car forums your mistaken!

Take a step back, think it through and go the sensible route, do it cheap and it will just ruin the experience.

If you are patient you can pick up parts here and there for pennies. I paid £100 for my NA-T manifold (and it's not a XS-Power POS either) and £55 delivered for a 90mm Billet throttle body. I can be done for 2k as I will prove but being able to do most of the work yourself (Wiring, Mapping, Engineering) does help as does having a wife who is a fabricator/welder/Engineer ;).

Lyndon.

This is the route too take, only because its an aero! if it had been a hardtop I would have said sell it and buy a TT

Yh I have got in touch with him already :) would be pretty awesome!

Cheers guys for your inputs I've got, some thinking to do :D