The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ladies and Gentlemen

Ian C

No, it's with the Blue :thumbs:

I'll be getting an Ultimate when I can afford it, sorting various other things on the car for TOTB and general sound running has chunked my bank account rather :) Nic has done me a cracking deal because he's a nice bloke :)

I'm probably going to rig the field's harness so I can fit and swap between both units - it'd be daft to rip out the Blue now it's all running so well, but I don't want to fall behind with the E-Manage tech seeing as it's sort of ended up my 'thang' :thumbs:

I can't emphasise enough the fact that the part throttle midrange is great as well - not only does the E-Manage have the resolution and the injector control needed for 'fighting' the stock maps' sequential stuff around the midrange, but also it allows you to wind on timing that the stock ECU winds off, making things *much* nicer under 4000rpm.

Took some bloody doing though ;)

-Ian

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice one ian

you put a lot of time and effort into your car. always good to talk to you.

eyefi has his car up and running with his single set up. he was checking it out on his laptop. looks good all the adjustments you can make. think he has the f con or is the apexi ecu

do you put in a afr target you want then the computer works around getting close to afr

:respekt:

nice one ian

you put a lot of time and effort into your car. always good to talk to you.

eyefi has his car up and running with his single set up. he was checking it out on his laptop. looks good all the adjustments you can make. think he has the f con or is the apexi ecu

do you put in a afr target you want then the computer works around getting close to afr

:respekt:

Wotcha Mark, always good chatting to you too mate :thumbs:

No target AFRs on the Blue version, it's good old hard work with datalogs and an understanding of what value changes give what results. It's been a learning curve all right, but you find you sort of get a 'feel' for what changes are needed to get the fuelling results you want. It's not just airflow mapping either, you've got additional duty depending on rpm vs boost pressure, so you have to juggle two major maps at once!

Complex :bang: but required with the sequential stuff getting in the way :)

-Ian

Forgive my naivety, but can someone explain to me what makes this a good read out.

Is it the the lineage of the curve? The smoothness of the power delivery starting relatively low down the RPM scale? The torque figures being nice and high?

I've not really compared these things before but would be interested to learn.

I take it you've spend an awful amount of time mapping the ECU to get it working at optimum performance?

Great result Ian' date=' :respekt: What caused the dip between 5000~5300rpm? Did you log afr at the time? so what will you do with all your spare time now? Wanna buy a JetSki?[/quote']

I suspect wheelspin. That was the first run, the power and torque curves dipped in unison - on the second run they didn't although it did look to flatten off a bit. Can't say I feel a flat spot there :blink: Datalogs all report a nice 11.0:1 afr across the rev range, might have to do another datalog run and see what the boost is up to or something.

And no thanks :)

-Ian

Forgive my naivety, but can someone explain to me what makes this a good read out.

Is it the the lineage of the curve? The smoothness of the power delivery starting relatively low down the RPM scale? The torque figures being nice and high?

I've not really compared these things before but would be interested to learn.

I take it you've spend an awful amount of time mapping the ECU to get it working at optimum performance?

Does no-one want to explain the finer points of this to me? (or aren't there any?!) Clearly there's the big figure, but there must be more to it than that?

Or do the majority of you really not have a clue anyway and are just "hey well done" for the sake of it?

Guest Terry S
Does no-one want to explain the finer points of this to me? (or aren't there any?!) Clearly there's the big figure, but there must be more to it than that?

Or do the majority of you really not have a clue anyway and are just "hey well done" for the sake of it?

Its making good power by 4k, and apart from the blip at about 5250 rpm, has a really nice curve. I am surprised it carries on climbing like that as they normally level out around 5k rpm.

The good points are.

No wibbles especially in the 3000-4000 rpm band where the stock ECU does lots of mad things with the fueling and timing. (ignore the wheel spin at 5200ish...).

Power keeps rising to the redline which means A) the fueling uptop is good and so is the breathing (256in and 264ex cams)

At 4,500 it's making more power than a stock turbo BPU (could make at 6,500) and the power increase line is nigh on vertical...but the power delivery is not soo savage as to make the thing undrivable.

And finally 580RWHP is more than a Lambo...nuff said!

I've been discussing the shape of the torque curve with Chis away from the BBS. Quick Question: If he hits 1.4bar at around 4000 / 4500 RPM in 5th / 6th how come the torque curve rises so much after that point? Don't peak torque and maximum boost usually go hand-in-hand?

I'm just wondering whether wheel dynos give you a full-load torque curve that you could compare with one off an engine dyno, which is what I am more used to looking at.

Of course, none of the above would affect the peak power figure, because I'm assuming you would be firmly at WOT by 6800RPM.