The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Questions about going single

marc_p

With 264's you would not know any different at all, I had exactly the same thoughts and looking back wish I had gone for 272's.

Here's mine with Whifbitz 264's.

[/url]

Hmmm, maybe I will go for higher lift cams then, thanks :).

Ask them to upgrade the turbo to a billet 6766 or the like, T67 is an old turbo.

Noted, cheers Jamie, will ask for the 6766 :thumbs:

As everyone's said stick with the stock coilpacks. Can't beat them until your well into 4 digit HP.

If you go bigger injectors (850) it will just give you more headway and save you paying twice for when you want more power! ;)

Ahh right, with my limited knowledge I though they had to be just right (i.e. too small and run lean, too big and run rich), thanks for that, also, will take the advice on the coilpacks.

I'm putting together a similiar list mate, the only other thing I have on mine is an intake pleneum. I know its not 100% necessary, but it's definitely on my list.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be bothering with the intake plenum, it's quite a bit of money for something that is mainly for show at the power levels I'm hoping to go for.

Anyway, really appreciate the advice off everyone, hopefully have a solid list of what I want and be able to get an order in for it all by the end of the week :)

Out of interest why the boostlogic kit? not fancy a whifbitz kit? Pauls twin wastegate kit is the best there is imo.

A few reasons really, firstly I spend a fair bit of time in the states and have seen and been in a fair few Supra's running BoostLogic kits and always been really impressed, secondly, I haven't ever really heard much in the way of complaints in regard to fitting them and/or reliability and thirdly they are about £1500 cheaper, it's not me trying to cut costs here, I just can't see where the Whifbitz can show £1500 of value, if someone can show me then I'd be happy to consider it :).

A few reasons really, firstly I spend a fair bit of time in the states and have seen and been in a fair few Supra's running BoostLogic kits and always been really impressed, secondly, I haven't ever really heard much in the way of complaints in regard to fitting them and/or reliability and thirdly they are about £1500 cheaper, it's not me trying to cut costs here, I just can't see where the Whifbitz can show £1500 of value, if someone can show me then I'd be happy to consider it :).

Is that £1500 after shipping and duty? I imagine a turbo kit would be a bit big and heavy to fit in your luggage :D