The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which supra to ease the insurance pain!?

TomWeight

Gonna be 21 by the time i get round to getting my supra finally so ive been looking around at loads of different insurers and i'm now stuck between an NA manual or a uk spec tt auto/manual.

Got 2 years experience with 3 years no claims and the most embarrasing ts10 in history (talk about that another time).

Had some proper ridiculous quotes like 5k+ for an sz on multi car with admiral but then about 2500 for a uk tt!

Cant go with sky as i havent had a rear wheel drive car yet so that wont work!

Any ideas?

What history have you got with high performance cars? Have you took in all the accounts/costs of running a supra? When getting quotes make sure it's for a mkiv supra, most quotes online come back with mkiii instead.

It also comes down to budget/preference. Use the guides on here for help.

:welcome: btw lol

Honestly it wotks out cheaper for UK TTs than NAs. It sucks as i never had the capital to buy a UK so am stuck with my SZ for now. Im still 20 though and although NAs get shunted on here, its still a fantastic car to own compared to the Saxo's and Corsa's that everyone else kicks about in

Honestly it wotks out cheaper for UK TTs than NAs. It sucks as i never had the capital to buy a UK so am stuck with my SZ for now. Im still 20 though and although NAs get shunted on here, its still a fantastic car to own compared to the Saxo's and Corsa's that everyone else kicks about in

The NA is still a good car :p

Cheers for the welcomes!

Its going to be a treat to myself so im looking to run it on a personal loan so i can afford a fair bit but obviously dont wanna spend more than i have to!

Would love to have a uk tt manual but struggling to find one under about 8000 and with insurance on top of that i think that would be a bit too much. I also dont wanna cheap out though! :D

How are some of the younger guys on here funding their projects?

ive been working since the age of 15 and just spent all of my money ive ever earnt on my cars aha! you see loads of people my age with nice cars but no many with cars that can embaress ferarri's like the supra can ;) keep on the lookout mate! persistance is the keyyyy!

I saved since i got my first job at 17 and used all that on it. Would of had to wait till 2014 to get a UK TT if i'd just saved but was too impatient. Use mine as a daily driver for work and uni and its its just a sheer pleasure to own