The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cheap camaro

barneybrendan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the drag cars - but not a big fan of the modern day mustang and camaros etc.

Have you driven one?

I have driven most incarnations of the new mustangs for a few weeks at a time (V6, hardtop, convertible, 5.0 GT) and think they are fantastic cars, the only one that I had an issue with was the convertible as the scuttle shake was quite bad, but sat behind the wheel of '12 5.0 GT, the sound of a V8 literally rumbling through the cabin and sat on an empty highway with huge amounts of instant torque just there under your right foot, you can then ram that throttle down and literally see the bonnet raise up and point to the stars.........all the while feeling like your a true badass listening to your rock music in a leather jacket :cool:, they are the moments I live for :)

In regard to the new Camaro, I had one of these for a few weeks aswell, but it was a V6, so to compare it to a V6 mustang it just doesn't compare, Mustang wins all the time, handling, speed, sound, practicality, the only thing that I think the Camaro is better at is the dashboard design and some of the exterior design. It's still a fantastic car though and is nice to drive.

You have a lot of opinions on stuff you know nothing about don't you, how many muscle cars have you driven, actually how many cars have you driven

Yeah your right i havent driven none - But i watch topgear all the time and most of the time they get slated by Jeremy clarkson.

Ive watched many videos of kids in little civic beat V8's. I agree they make a great sound

Yeah your right i havent driven none - But i watch topgear all the time and most of the time they get slated by Jeremy clarkson.

Ive watched many videos of kids in little civic beat V8's. I agree they make a great sound

The demi god Clarkson is not always right you know some times peoples opinions differ. Drove a 4.0 V6 mustang in Canada and although not the V8 sounded epic when it came on song, for me muscle cars will always be my favorite cars because they are outrageous and a gallon to the mile is how I like it :D

Drove in a Camarao while I was out there too and that had a fantastic sound track as did the brand new SS Camaro that screamed past us, i'll admit that it gave me a semi :eyebrows:

American cars = Epic fail!

Thats my opinion anyway :D

That may be your opinion, but the facts can't be argued with.

Corvette - remember that 'American car'?

Here's the 'Epic Fail' record for this car at Le Mans since 2000:

Year Class Place

2000: GTS 3rd & 4th

2001 GTS 1st & 2nd

2002 GTS 1st & 2nd

2003 GTS 2nd & 3rd

2004 GTS 1st & 2nd

2005 GT1 1st & 2nd

2006 GT1 1st & 7th

2007 GT1 2nd & DNF

2008 GT1 2nd & 3rd

2009 GT1 1st & DNF

2010 GT2 2x DNF

2011 GT2 1st & DNF

I'd say 7 wins at the 24 hrs of Le Mans, on the podium 17 times out of a possible 24 and taking 1st AND 2nd in the same year on 4 occasions is a pretty decent record for a car that you class as an 'Epic Fail'.

I won't lower myself to tell you where you can put your opinion - the above tells it as it is. No other car in it's class has come close to this kind of performance this century.

I realise that American cars aren't to everyone's taste, I'm not that blinkered by the fact I drive one, but for performance and reliability, some American cars are hard to beat.