The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decided it was time for some Bass in the Supra

DodgyRog

It's been in the garage for nearly 2 years.... Another while ain't going to make a massive difference.... If it wasn't for all the crap we will have in the car for dragonball I could have brought it with me and we could have fitted it to your car :)

I am guessing my boot will be bulging, especially if I do get the time to fit the Sub in. I doubt I will be able to risk droping the backrest down without everything flying forward

I will have the Pug Estate when we go to Gatwick, just not sure I can be bothered with it on the return, as the Jetlag is always a bitch with the drive home, without adding another hour plus to the drive and can't see me having time on the way to the Airport

If I have not headed that way before the Dragonball, we can have a chat then and sort something, I guess this means I now owe you beer rather than the other way around:D:friday:

Nice buy :)

I ran my wiring for the sensors/gauges/displays etc through the main huge grommet in the passenger side bulkhead. Basically took a feed from the bottom of the fusebox where the + batt cable goes into the fusebox, just because it looked neater than going straight onto the battery, then run it along the top of the passenger side chassis rail inside some conduit, then up behind the charcoal canister into the grommet. If you use the right size conduit and cut a smaller hole in the grommet the conduit makes a great seal and looks kinda oem. You will need to lift the charcoal canister up out of the way and unbolt the 'grommet' 10mm socket I think as then you have a large hole to feed the cable downwards behind the heater etc.

The only tricky bit is reaching up behind the dash to pull the cable down behind the heater unit. Taking the lower glovebox out really helps.

From there you are on your own :) but I would assume that the cable would run inside the passenger kick panel then up alongside the sill etc into the rear. Don't forget to run the remote cable from the stereo at the same time and also the phonos.

I know this won't help but I enjoyed typing it ;)

Rob

Thanks for the tip on where to run the Power Cable, it was a very easy route

I then ran the cable down under the door sill trim and under the rear set to the boot

The RCA, remote control and remote cable went from the back of the Headunit through the centre console and followed the line of the diff/gearbox tunnel and then under the otherside of the back seat

To be honest it was much easier than I thought it would be, took me about 4 hours from scratch and a fair bit of that time was working out were to mount the Fuse to keep everything looking neat and tidy

Excellent :), Out of interest where did you run it from the rear of the centre console? I've tucked mine under the piece of carpet at the back of the console and into the space under the rear seat from there it temporarily goes straight back to the amp under the seat, I haven't really looked at whether its best to go left or right at the back of the console or if straight is ok. If you get what I mean? :)

Excellent :), Out of interest where did you run it from the rear of the centre console? I've tucked mine under the piece of carpet at the back of the console and into the space under the rear seat from there it temporarily goes straight back to the amp under the seat, I haven't really looked at whether its best to go left or right at the back of the console or if straight is ok. If you get what I mean? :)

From the the rear of the console I went under the little piece of carpet you are describing

I had a fair bit of spare wire, so it's just laid in the bowl under the rear seat behind the driver and then back under the upper part of the rear seat to the back of the sub

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Looks good will definately hear you coming, but im not a fan of the subs on show like that much prefer the hidden ones in the spare wheel well.

This is just a temporary Sub Ricky, I am planing to do a Rear seat delete/build, but wanted a bit of bass and this Sub came up local for £36 on Ebay, so thought it was worth a punt,

To be honest it will never be turned up to thumping levels, I just want to enhance the overall sound, so the Sub level will be kept low

Also the wiring is now in place for the rear seat build/delete when I have time, I specificly have laid all the cables in a way that they can be used in the rear seat area when I change it, I proberbly won't be starting that until next winter now