The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ Bare Block (SOLD)

Kaan W

Im sorry I should have mentioned that my goal is 1200WHP. This is a full out drag build. I need th GTE block sir

Yanks use N/A blocks for high power drag racing engines, without the squirters there's more oil pressure and they prefer it that way. :think:

Yanks use N/A blocks for high power drag racing engines, without the squirters there's more oil pressure and they prefer it that way. :think:

Spot on, some also say that with the oil squirters the weight of the oil on the bottom of the piston durring high load can throw it off balance slightly.

lol im loving your list making! doesnt B come after A, and 1 come before 2? lol

LOL!

seems a shame how come they go for so little.would be a good engine for a sleeper car.

I know its a shame, I would have never have thought the engine would be so cheap before joining the forum and seeing the prices.

Spot on, some also say that with the oil squirters the weight of the oil on the bottom of the piston durring high load can throw it off balance slightly.

+1 See im kinda getting mixed opinions on this which is why I brought the GE block in the first place. I had a thread on another forum explaining my theory about the resistance against the bottom of the piston from the oil as such as such.

I here of alot of people on high hp cars running without the squirters but a few people have said its a stupid and ridiculous idea.

If someone can offer me some nice clean advise on my build I would much appreciate it.

If this block can be used with out over heating on highway pulls etc. I`ll get this block built with in the next few weeks.

To be honest I think the longest i`ll ever be WOT is 30 seconds. Is this enough to melt pistons?

kaan2lee if you decide to lower your price let me know. I'm not too far away and can collect.

Im sorry but the lowest I can take is £100 as I paid double this less than 2 months ago. I might use it I dont know yet but if the cash comes up its yours :)

Im sorry but the lowest I can take is £100 as I paid double this less than 2 months ago. I might use it I dont know yet but if the cash comes up its yours :)

Totally understand considering what you paid for it. Thanks anyway. Good luck with the sale :)

+1 See im kinda getting mixed opinions on this which is why I brought the GE block in the first place. I had a thread on another forum explaining my theory about the resistance against the bottom of the piston from the oil as such as such.

I here of alot of people on high hp cars running without the squirters but a few people have said its a stupid and ridiculous idea.

If someone can offer me some nice clean advise on my build I would much appreciate it.

If this block can be used with out over heating on highway pulls etc. I`ll get this block built with in the next few weeks.

To be honest I think the longest i`ll ever be WOT is 30 seconds. Is this enough to melt pistons?

Im no expert, ive just read it a couple of times, how true it is i dont know, might be worth talking with Titan.

30 seconds at WOT is a long time, I did the standing mile in 27 seconds at 190 mph back when i had 700bhp

30 seconds on a 1200whp engine and you are going to be on the limiter in 6th gear id say.

Im no expert, ive just read it a couple of times, how true it is i dont know, might be worth talking with Titan.

30 seconds at WOT is a long time, I did the standing mile in 27 seconds at 190 mph back when i had 700bhp

30 seconds on a 1200whp engine and you are going to be on the limiter in 6th gear id say.

Thats exactly what I thought mate, im more of a fan of acceleration than top speed. Well im ordering my new crank from titan in a coupe of weeks so i`ll speak with them then.

P.S will send you the cash for those mains on saturday.

Your be waiting for ages for a TT block on its own. There are a few NA-TT conversions for sale, buy those and sell the bits. I still think your best installing squirters into the GE block as your loose money on what you paid and still have to spend even more just to get that GTE stamp.

DaveH ran a 7.77 1/4 ET with an NA block that had done over 220k miles. So it's really not an issue to start with the correct block if you know what your doing.

Your be waiting for ages for a TT block on its own. There are a few NA-TT conversions for sale, buy those and sell the bits. I still think your best installing squirters into the GE block as your loose money on what you paid and still have to spend even more just to get that GTE stamp.

DaveH ran a 7.77 1/4 ET with an NA block that had done over 220k miles. So it's really not an issue to start with the correct block if you know what your doing.

Well the new car im getting is a 6 speed GTE so i`ll just use that. Just would have been nice to build it first so I can drop straight in with the minimum of fuss.

I`ll see what peoples opinions are on oil squirters on high HP engines...

• 2 weeks later...
New price £50

These engines seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper, I remember back when I had my NA and was talking to dude about doing the TT conversion and trying to use my old NA engine to lower the price, didnt really work. Think these engines are worth more in parts than as a whole, and some of the parts can be used on a TT lump also (i.e. the crank pulley (£200+ new from Toyota!).

Or if you have a boat you could always use it as an anchor I suppose?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.