Who drives with TRC?

francis

Do you drive with TRC on?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drive with TRC on?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • Sometimes

so its not just me that thinks this then, well at least im not nuts. the car does seem just more nippy and wants to go better i find, think il have to turn it off alot more, in the dry of course

I also feel it's quicker under acceleration with TC turned off (in dry)

Otherwise it's a little bit like "Have I left the handbrake on?"

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the offer of help with my RLTC setup guys but I assure you it's peachy :) I calibrated it myself and tweaked minimum revs and minimum wheel speed differences to compensate for the LSD exiting junctions etc etc. And my base cut is 3%, not 5% ;) It'll let me accelerate in 2nd gear in the wet, it's fantastic. It just so happened that this time I think there was so much standing water once they spun up they aquaplaned with any amount of throttle :shrug:

-Ian

http://www.everything2.com/node/1034146

look here right at the very bottom part of the last paragraph,

say this-

How does traction control feel in operation? To one unaccustomed to driving with it, TC can be a peculiar experience. There will still be a small amount of wheelspin (it must be detected before it can be stopped!) but the car will react differently depending on the system. Power generally slumps and throttle response drops to zero until the wheels stop spinning - power is usually gradually increased back up to the amount the driver is applying with the accelerator. More advanced systems can more accurately reduce or distribute power so the effect on acceleration is lessened but other, earlier systems tend to overcompensate. Built in 1994, my car has the latter; my personal experience of traction control is that while effective at stopping wheelspin, it makes the car feel like it's driving through treacle.