The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerial Replacement

Nic

I've a wanted ad up on here looking for a stubby s2000 Aries, I take it I could just buy it from honda, would it need anything diff to fit on the supra?

Certainly looks the part, id be interested in one of these too if anyone has any info on how good they are.

Nic - would it possible to setup a GB? We got 4 people already on this thread alone ;)

Nic - would it possible to setup a GB? We got 4 people already on this thread alone ;)

I could get a good price direct from Japan but I've no idea if the complete assembly including the signal booster will fit, so don't feel comfortable organising a group buy at the moment. This is the cheapest place I've found that sells them, I'm going to try to find a second hand one so I can see what's involved in making them fit.

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/product/Honda/S2000/2009/2DR%20BASE/KA6MT/honda/antenna-assy.-auto-radio/39150-s2a-a01-honda/

Glad you posted up this thread Nic, as my aerial (on the Supe) fell off the other day. I was thinking about a stubby one, but I could not tolerate bad reception.

Think I'll just get a stock replacememnt.

By the way, do you know where the search button is yet? I can't find it either.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, the S2000 aerial was basically a straight swap on the MR2, just had to fit a 20cm aerial extension cable and wire in a positive feed to the signal amplifier, radio reception is good no problems at all.

I think the stock MR2 and Supra aerials are basically the same, so the S2000 aerial should also be a straight swap on the Supra. For reference the complete aerial assembly cost £60 delivered from an Ebay seller breaking an S2000 and the aerial extension cable cost £3+.