The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to borrow money for short term..

Jamesy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst thing i did was get a 10k loan to by a car.

Still paying £275 a month and its crippling me :(

Feel your pain! £290 a month to pay for the privilidge of owning not just a Supra, but an NA Supra!!

Anybody got a length of rope, a rafter and a stool I can borrow??

IF you got a deposit on the car, would they hold it for long enough for you to get yours sold?

i reckon if i secured a deposit on mine i would be able to give him a deposit until mine sells yes mate - its abroad anyway so would give me a short time to arrange paperwork etc.

Credit cards get my vote here :) 0% for 12mnths but with a 3-5% fee. I have plenty want to borrow one? ;)

Good plan mate but 1. i dont know if i'll get a 17k limit, and 2. im not sure if i can buy a private car on a credit card :D

Cant you just wait?

Yeah i could wait, but i know full well this car wont hang about too long :cry:

another car will come up, as said wait. things can go wrong fast and the banks and what not are still in major trouble with the recession the way it is. but could you not add it to your morgage (if you have one) and then pay that off once you sell the car , just and idea not what i would do at all,

if you still use you car then anyone could smash into you at any point and you would be stuffed if they had no insurance

Yeah "other" cars may do but this is a car unlike the rest :D

plus if i got it i would tuck my silver one away until it was sold - it wouldnt go anywhere near general bad public drivers!!

The frustrating thing is i have 2 people interested and i genuinely believe at least one of them will come good, its just a matter of timeframes.... if i dont end up getting this car i dont think i will want to sell mine at all - and the whole point of changing is that in end i will have a few quid left over to put into my bank!

Get the Titan box on yours and sell it as a true 825bhp car. It'll be MUCH easier. I know if I bought an 825bhp car that was 500-550 when I picked it up, I'd not be happy.

lol im not really talking about that again mate - the car is what it is and has been advertsied accordingly - im not "tricking" anyione into buying a different car ;)

I have 2 people interested who know all about the car, as mentioned its more a timeframe issue i have and whether its a good move to borrow money in the interim :)

Best loan i could find were offering early settlement fee of 1 months interest, approx £56 so not THAT bad if i wanted to pay off early... best monthyl package was £290 a month over 6 years (as im only planning ion paying for 6-9 months i wanted the longest term to provide the cheapest monthly rates)

hmmmm

On the credit card thing I think you'd be surprised, I won't tell you what I do for a living or what I earn on a public forum but I have approx 100k available on credit cards and the last one(barclaycard) gave me a 17k limit and this was on a second barclaycard. with several offering 12-22mnths 0% with a 3-5% fee for cash advances/balance transfers. you can pay outright with cash. the fee is added to the total credit and is the first part that is paid so no interest on the fee if you pay it quickly. I guess its all down to credit ratings.

I've even had cards in the past that give 0% interest and £0 fee and given me £100 as an incentive. :) I guess that is why the country is in such a mess. But every card I use is a 3% fee for 12-24mnths interest fee so works out at 1.5%-3% interest, I then transfer them to a new one at the end of the 0%. Don't know where you'd get a personal loan that cheap. Also with no early repayment.

On the credit card thing I think you'd be surprised, I won't tell you what I do for a living or what I earn on a public forum but I have approx 100k available on credit cards and the last one(barclaycard) gave me a 17k limit and this was on a second barclaycard. with several offering 12-22mnths 0% with a 3-5% fee for cash advances/balance transfers. you can pay outright with cash. the fee is added to the total credit and is the first part that is paid so no interest on the fee if you pay it quickly. I guess its all down to credit ratings.

I've even had cards in the past that give 0% interest and £0 fee and given me £100 as an incentive. :) I guess that is why the country is in such a mess. But every card I use is a 3% fee for 12-24mnths interest fee so works out at 1.5%-3% interest, I then transfer them to a new one at the end of the 0%. Don't know where you'd get a personal loan that cheap. Also with no early repayment.

cheers mate, interesting - although the 5% fee for cash is like £800 !!

If i do it i think i'll stick to a bank loan....

can i ask a question about loans:

if i borrow say £19k over 7 years and the total payable is say £25k @ £300 pm.... i know they front load the interest, so if i managed to sell my car after 5 months, i would want to settle early.

Most companies only charge 2 months interest which is around £100 fee which is fine - my question is...when they do the settle fee, after 5 months id have paid £1500 - so will my settle fee be less than £19k, or will it still be over £19k despite paying £1500 as my tital amount borrwed if fuull term is £25k?

im not sure how they work out the settlement figure but i dont wanna be paying for months and end up paying back MORE than the inital loan amount!

Just drop the price of your car enough for it to sell NOW and borrow the shortfall, should be cheaper long term than borrowing the lot.

:yeahthat: Even though I'm totally against borrowing money in this way.

And that's speaking from someone with a LOT of experience in these matters :(