The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any thoughts on this car?

Guest smash

Guest smash

Well, that's the end of my Supra ownership dreams - I've spent literally days ringing round insurance companies and best still is CCI @ £586. Flux came in at £600 dead and Need to Insure came in at £680, whilst Lynbrook simply would the underwriters were not willing to quote on "that type of car" - when I asked what that meant he said Jap import!!

I'm simply not prepared to pay £600 for insurance on a 2nd car weekend toy - my problem I know. So, I guess it's all the best from me! ;)

Well, that's the end of my Supra ownership dreams - I've spent literally days ringing round insurance companies and best still is CCI @ £586. Flux came in at £600 dead and Need to Insure came in at £680, whilst Lynbrook simply would the underwriters were not willing to quote on "that type of car" - when I asked what that meant he said Jap import!!

I'm simply not prepared to pay £600 for insurance on a 2nd car weekend toy - my problem I know. So, I guess it's all the best from me! ;)

I think you need to speak to Lynbrook again. There are quite a few members that are insured with them and they are defo Jap spec.

That said, I don't remember them asking the question at quotation stage and there is nothing in my policy paperwork or their terms and conditions about imports.

H.

600quid a year for insuring that car is awesome.

600 quid for such a one off car would be nothing in my opinion. that cars such a one off, the amount of time that went into it was crazy.

its so cheap as rik has had alot going on in his life past 12 months and that always affects a price, being able to let something sit around if your happy and secure will make the price go up.

i wish id bought this car, its such a show piece, a true one off.

hopefully more people like rik will appear and make these supra's the entertainment car shows really need. shame he was banned, but then can't win them all.