The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra Finally Remapped Using AEM FIC!

Guest wutang200

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wutang200

I really love the power delivery of TTC. The car is miles more predictable than before. I didn't think much of sequential delivery to be honest. Personal preference I guess. But I wanted to extend the life of the first turbo too by not allowing it to be on all the time.

I'll ask the guys about the AFR dip Tricky Ricky.

Dude, why do you say a properly setup TTC like mine has all the bad characteristics of a single? How does it??

Cool. You supply the cars and venue, I'll bring the beers. I mean around corners you know, none of this straight line rubbish ;)

well you need to supply your own car, Ill take project thunder and shall we say Brands Hatch Indy circuit !!!! see who gets the quickest lap time;) None of this oh look how much smoke my tyres make malarky !!!:D

I really love the power delivery of TTC. The car is miles more predictable than before. I didn't think much of sequential delivery to be honest. Personal preference I guess. But I wanted to extend the life of the first turbo too by not allowing it to be on all the time.

I'll ask the guys about the AFR dip Tricky Ricky.

Dude, why do you say a properly setup TTC like mine has all the bad characteristics of a single? How does it??

Its only my opinion dude but for a car making 408 hp it is very laggy, like I say my black car will make 500 hp at 1.4 bar but makes .8-1 bar over a 1000rpm quicker, it will prob make 600hp when its mapped and if we can get more timing in make the 1 bar even earlier. If you like the delivery thats all that matters dude but if you ever go single you will love the extra power for the same lag. Like I say at the end of the day its the fact you are happy with the car that matters.

well you need to supply your own car, Ill take project thunder and shall we say Brands Hatch Indy circuit !!!! see who gets the quickest lap time;) None of this oh look how much smoke my tyres make malarky !!!:D

:D You're asking for trouble my friend! You don't know what kinds of cars I can bring along... oh, and I don't do sideways unless it's for the camera. My single-seater doesn't like it ;)

Guest wutang200
Its only my opinion dude but for a car making 408 hp it is very laggy, like I say my black car will make 500 hp at 1.4 bar but makes .8-1 bar over a 1000rpm quicker, it will prob make 600hp when its mapped and if we can get more timing in make the 1 bar even earlier. If you like the delivery thats all that matters dude but if you ever go single you will love the extra power for the same lag. Like I say at the end of the day its the fact you are happy with the car that matters.

Thanks mate. I'm very happy with the power delivery and I didn't find it too laggy but more of a scary feeling of what's to come. Like I said, please can you or someone else post up a dyno dynamics RR graph of a standard ECU Supra making more power than mine? I've searched through the forum with no luck at all!

Ps: Mines a 6 speed. I'd have kept the sequential setup if I had an auto.

:D You're asking for trouble my friend! You don't know what kinds of cars I can bring along... oh, and I don't do sideways unless it's for the camera. My single-seater doesn't like it ;)

Saloon cars only dude, ill stick with Project thunder, you bring what you like and maybe we can pick a track with longer straights !!!;):eyebrows:

Thanks mate. I'm very happy with the power delivery and I didn't find it too laggy but more of a scary feeling of what's to come. Like I said, please can you or someone else post up a dyno dynamics RR graph of a standard ECU Supra making more power than mine? I've searched through the forum with no luck at all!

Ill have a look for the 6 speed 430 hp one

Alright you two, get a room. You're messing up this chaps' thread. He's chuffed that the car makes good power, which it does, and everyone seems to be raining on his parade.

I don't think the blip to 12afr at 4500rpm is the end of the world either. It soon recovers back down to the 11's. Looks like a standard BPU fuelling graph, which does add fuel to the "why bother with an FIC" debate, but at least there isn't a nasty boost spike before 4000rpm. Having said that, I'd have expected full boost before then - was this done in 5th or 4th gear?

Guest wutang200
Looks like a standard BPU fuelling graph, which does add fuel to the "why bother with an FIC" debate, but at least there isn't a nasty boost spike before 4000rpm. Having said that, I'd have expected full boost before then - was this done in 5th or 4th gear?

A few of you have told me that the fuelling looks similar to a standard BPU car but no one has posted up a graph yet for me to compare against which has a similar spec to mine with TTC running the stock ECU. Mine was done in 4th gear.

When I had the turbo's rebuilt, the guys who fitted it said the car would possibly need a remap and for me not to increase the boost until this is checked. Here's the RR graph when I first got the car which was running the same turbos as now but with ceramic wheels and in sequential mode. Look at the AFR:

I'm afraid i don't agree that it would be safe, that first graph, although initially the AFR drops to 10.5 at about 4,200 RPM it then rises to 12.2 at 4,400 RPM and stays there until about 4,850 RPM, and this is just as peak boost is reached and right at the peak torque area, perfect recipe for det IMO, i would be looking to change the map around that point.

That std graph hasn't really got much in the way of boost scaling, but the AFR drops to 11.0 but peak boost and torque as it should, which is nothing like the first graph.

Guest wutang200
Something wrong with ECU/car somewhere dude

Please explain dude. The car drives, boosts fine and handles better than ever. Fuel consumption is as it should be if not a tiny bit better. Tell me exactly what's wrong with it??

Tricky, I contacted Mike at Tuning Developments and he's confirmed to me the car isn't detting at all. Also if they thought the DET risk was too high, they'd have informed me straight away and gave me another route I could take. No tuner with common sense would map a car knowing it will begin detting soon.

Like I said, please can you or someone else post up a dyno dynamics RR graph of a standard ECU Supra making more power than mine? I've searched through the forum with no luck at all!

There's quite a few, mines 418bhp at 1.2bar with no map in sequential mode. Dude actually did the BPU parts on mine and it got 387bhp at 1.0bar with a perfect power curve.

400-420bhp is usually the norm for BPU cars at 1.2bar.

Please explain dude. The car drives, boosts fine and handles better than ever. Fuel consumption is as it should be if not a tiny bit better. Tell me exactly what's wrong with it??

Tricky, I contacted Mike at Tuning Developments and he's confirmed to me the car isn't detting at all. Also if they thought the DET risk was too high, they'd have informed me straight away and gave me another route I could take. No tuner with common sense would map a car knowing it will begin detting soon.

Well look how rich it goes, thats not the sort of fuel curve a well running bpu car on stock ecu should produce so yoiu may well have had a problem somewhere with a sensor or tooo high fuel pressure etc. If anything when BPU'd they yend to go lean.

Guest wutang200
Well look how rich it goes, thats not the sort of fuel curve a well running bpu car on stock ecu should produce so yoiu may well have had a problem somewhere with a sensor or tooo high fuel pressure etc. If anything when BPU'd they yend to go lean.

Isn't it better that the car goes rich than lean though? I think there must have been a slow leak from the IC rubber pipe as this is what was replaced before the map as it had got substantially worse. That probably explains the richness.