The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Virtual Works 4.5" Exhaust? Whats My Options?

JamieP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ti system is a copy of the HKS ti and is fine, its the midpipe that has two 90 degree bends in it, its a terrible fit and not a very good design for flow, also the flanges are to big, Paul has changed the design now and says the new one will fit 100%, i just cant face spending £450+vat he is asking for a new one when this one should have fitted.

It's the first I've heard about it being a terrible fit? The 4" DP/MP was originally designed to fit with my own 4" stainless steel exhaust which you knew about correct? Flanges are to big? To big to fit the Ti exhaust you mean? Flow wise, I can't see 90deg bends effecting anything, doesn't seem to have held your engine back at all? The 4" DP/MP has been changed recently, it's now made to fit with the HKS Ti style exhausts and my own 4" exhausts have been changed to fit with the new version of the DP/MP.

So let me get this straight your down pipe and mid pipe are form paul and dont fit his own system !!!!!! but now he has made a new one that will fit fine and wonts to charge you ? this is not the first time i remember a post a fue months back where someone had his set up and it did not fit , if thats the case that is shocking custoumer service!

What post was that then?

The Ti is ok but the downpipe/midpipe is a terrible fit, sits to far to the passenger side and means the ti wont bolt up where it should, It has two 90 degree bends in it an all, I got it held up with cable ties, it just pisses me off every time i look at the car.

It's the first I've heard about it being a terrible fit? The 4" DP/MP was originally designed to fit with my own 4" stainless steel exhaust which you knew about correct? Flanges are to big? To big to fit the Ti exhaust you mean? Flow wise, I can't see 90deg bends effecting anything, doesn't seem to have held your engine back at all? The 4" DP/MP has been changed recently, it's now made to fit with the HKS Ti style exhausts and my own 4" exhausts have been changed to fit with the new version of the DP/MP.

these are awesome supposed to be one of the best out there, but seems a abit far lol.. might deliver if you could explain exactly what you want,never kno!

http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk/

I've used these guys before, there work is 1st class. They made the full titanium exhaust on Kevin Huntleys car. It's a vet good fit. There about 30 mins from me but are always crazy busy. Think you need to book in a month or so in advance for ramp time.

I never knew till yesterday that the two was not designed to fit together, I would never have bought the Ti system if I knew that, I don't want to fall out over it, I'm just fed up with this exhaust, nothing lines up where it should and I've got it held up with cable ties, I just wish I had stayed full BL.

I never knew till yesterday that the two was not designed to fit together, I would never have bought the Ti system if I knew that, I don't want to fall out over it, I'm just fed up with this exhaust, nothing lines up where it should and I've got it held up with cable ties, I just wish I had stayed full BL.

It was either you or Lee that told me that the BL exhaust was the same as the HKS Ti exhausts. May be there's been some crossed wires along the line somewhere.

The problem is its 2 products that weren't at the time made to fit each other.

What part have you got held up with cable ties?

Ah that, not really sure what happened with that downpipe as they are all made from the same jig, it's all fixed now though.

Trust me these kits fit, I wouldn't be selling them otherwise. They 4" version has recently been changed slightly to fit with the HKS style exhaust, no other reason.

The BL is a similar design to the HKS Ti, basically a straight pipe with minimal bends.

Because the mid pipe sits to far to the passenger side the first bracket on the Ti that bolts on won't reach, I'm

Going to call simpsons today, hopefully they can just mess about with the mid pipe to get it all fitting nicely, just needs a couple of 45's welding in and a smaller vband to join the Ti.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

And is the DP/MP a terrible fit or is it because it doesn't line up properly with the Ti exhaust? Was the DP/MP ok with the BL exhaust?

When Lee fitted my Ti exhaust he said it was a great fit apart from the issue with the flanges being different which is easy to sort out.

The BL is a similar design to the HKS Ti, basically a straight pipe with minimal bends.

Because the mid pipe sits to far to the passenger side the first bracket on the Ti that bolts on won't reach, I'm

Going to call simpsons today, hopefully they can just mess about with the mid pipe to get it all fitting nicely, just needs a couple of 45's welding in and a smaller vband to join the Ti.

They must be slightly different, it only takes a very small difference to throw it all out.

I have a S/S v band flange that will match up with the Ti exhaust if you need one. All you need then is an HKS clamp to match.

Ah that, not really sure what happened with that downpipe as they are all made from the same jig, it's all fixed now though.

Trust me these kits fit, I wouldn't be selling them otherwise. They 4" version has recently been changed slightly to fit with the HKS style exhaust, no other reason.

yes but he had to pay you to put it right !!!!!!!!!!