The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone know if they still sell those 3G brake discs off ebay???

narbar

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ARB's are superior discs, can be bought for less with Clark Motorsports special offer and be in your hands in 24hrs. :shrug:

What makes you say that?

For me the options are now mtec or arb.

Would be good to know what sort of abuse arb have been places under and how they have held up.

Assume grooved not drilled.

What about dimpled. This is new to me.

Excuse my abbreviation mistake. (corrected)

DBA are the only discs I would choose over stock, ask a Rally Driver.

Here's their site, there are answers to your questions in the tech section.

http://www.dba.com.au/

http://www.dba.com.au/category/tech-articles/

Thanks, after a little research I ended up going with these.

I will try and remember to post up how they hold up for the benefit of the thread.

Ill try translate

I have some used 3G front discs that came off my supra if your interested as I have upgraded to uk spec

I thought it might have been that. Seems an odd things to offer given my signature ;)

Thanks for the offer - don't take offence. Im only messing.

Thanks, after a little research I ended up going with these.

I will try and remember to post up how they hold up for the benefit of the thread.

I promise you won't regret it, I'm amazed they're not on the must-have list of folks with U.K. spec brakes. :shrug:

The quality of DBA's products is only exceeded by the quality of their service.

I'd fit the new discs with new pads and give them plane-faces best, for your "re-entry" braking and use the used :think: ones as replacements on used discs.

I've U.K. brakes with DBA 5000 front and 4000 rear, Chris Wilson's 'fast road' pads and no ABS, which requires manually controlling the stopping power they have. :)

Old Fart with proper brakes in 'Old Money'.

During the MOT, the front brakes beat the brake testing machine, both needles ran hard way past their stops and the Technician stopped the test. :rlol:

I didn't have my camera at the time, but will go back and do it on video when I get around to it.

I do however, find Chris's pads abrasive to the discs, I'm swapping the bells on the fronts of mine next week and will post up some pics in my build thread.

attachment.php?attachmentid=173145&d=1375359331

KP_STRAIGHT-1024x689.jpg

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I've U.K. brakes with DBA 5000 front and 4000 rear, Chris Wilson's 'fast road' pads and no ABS, which requires manually controlling the stopping power they have. :)

I tried CW fast road pads on stock disks but found they faded. (with motel 5.1 & braided hoses). Maybe a sign that I am a little hard on the brakes.

I now run CW race pads and they are EXCELLENT. The do give lots of brake dust off but cant really moan about that.

Did you get any kind of a deal on the disks & where from mate?

I assume you were buying disks for the bigger type brakes?

bought from Clarke Motorsport - http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk I didn't get a deal but I didn't ask for one.

£155 per disk inc vat & postage

Edit: Yes - All UK specs came standard with bigger brakes.