The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boot Gas Struts - SGS Engineering Solutions

Abz

Guest Budz86

Didn't know they made them Jazz. Had some other bits off them though and prices and quality have been good so may be worth a punt

• 10 months later...
Bump, anyone tried SGS struts yet? mine are clonking and make a racket over bumps...

I ordered a pair the other day from their website and got the following email a few days later:

Thank you for your order with SGS Engineering. Unfortunately the struts on this particular vehicle are attached to the car with a bracket arrangement which is unique to the vehicle. It is manufactured by Toyota and is a part we cannot replicate.

What we require are the original struts sending into us so our engineers can refurbish and re-use the brackets with our new struts. If you wish to proceed with the order and send the original struts in then please call me on the number below to discuss the matter.

I emailed them straight back asking whether that effected lead times and cost and 11 days later, I've had no reply....

I'll chase them or find another supplier at some point but for now, I still have the golfing umbrella in the boot.

Edit: ~ actually, I'll give them a call on Monday as I've just double checked and they've taken payment (via PayPal) and have ignored my email for 11 days....

~Ben.

Edited by Rwbjj (see edit history)

ok guys don't touch this shower of shite , they are really bad I ordered struts for my truck cover , had to order adjustable ones as I didn't know the force , they leaked , the customer service is shocking , it cost me to send them back , then when they had them they come up with some BS about the fact it was my fault they leaked so it cost me again to have them returned to me .

hope you guys read this before you buy , plenty of other companys out there .

years ago I did a GB on tailgate struts

I have used SGS for various stuff, jacks, pads, struts etc, ive found everything I have bought of great quality. Its a shame to hear of a case of bad service.

When I ordered fixed gas struts I ordered the wrong length and wrong NM force which was entirely my fault, they exchanged them no problem, I sent them back and had new ones of the correct fitment within 3 days and great communication, as I expected I had to pay for the postage back to me.

+1 for SGS from me

+1 for SGS Engineering struts from me too.

I think these are excellent! I needed to send my old strut to SGS as they removed the mounting hardware from the old boot struts and installed the hardware to the new struts. Turn around time was very fast too and customer service via Email was excellent. Highly recommend. :thumbs:

Are you sure its the struts causing your clonking ?

Well im pretty sure. I've put new boot rubbers on and that helped a bit. When i open the boot and then quickly move it up and down there sounds like some clonking from the strut mounts.

Well im pretty sure. I've put new boot rubbers on and that helped a bit. When i open the boot and then quickly move it up and down there sounds like some clonking from the strut mounts.

I'd take the struts off then go for a drive but it sounds like

it'll be those if you've done the rubbers

I have used SGS for my supra and 300c I found them really good and a very quick turnaround even for the supra as they need your old brackets to attach to the new ones, they even painted the brackets. Fitting is straight foward, just need to peel the plastic side trim back to get to bolts, a flexi rachet spanner works well as you don't have to completely remove all the trim.

Dont forget to prop your boot up with a bit of wood, surprising how much heavier it is when the tired struts are removed.