The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - Driving distances

Branners

Rotterdam or Beauvais  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rotterdam or Beauvais

• Rotterdam (over 600 miles in Europe)
    • Beauvais (400 miles in Europe)

Sweet! Bear any chance of you guys being able to get a Ferry to Holland? As the drive down south is a very long one from Scotland!

IIRC there is a ferry that goes straight to rotterdam, but I personally would want to be there from the beginning of the journey :D we travel to pod every year so extra miles wouldn't bother me

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I've just done a rough check, and for me, from the north side of Liverpool, I'm looking at around 530 miles to Rotterdam, so there's 1060 round trip, plus another 100 or so on a driveout . So, I'm thinking 1200 miles @ 300 miles per £100 fuel roughly, so that's £400 for me. Probably will have some toll roads too. It's expensive, but you only live once. And what's the point in having a Supra if you don't drive it :)

Whats the score with driving in europe these days ? i've not been over driving for a few years now.

I take it the credit card license is needed along with checking you have valid insurance cover and

take the documentation with you ?

You will need your full license, a high viz vest, you can buy a Euro driving kit from Halfords with the kit the local police would expect you to carry

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_722063_langId_-1_categoryId_165664

You will need your full license, a high viz vest, you can buy a Euro driving kit from Halfords with the kit the local police would expect you to carry

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_722063_langId_-1_categoryId_165664

On top of that, I think we'll need a couple of sets of jump leads, maybe a Booster pack. Some litre bottles of oil and some coolant will always be a good idea too. Mobile phone chargers for the cars, etc.

On top of that, I think we'll need a couple of sets of jump leads, maybe a Booster pack. Some litre bottles of oil and some coolant will always be a good idea too. Mobile phone chargers for the cars, etc.

Good ideas, I am happy to stick some OPIE OILS stickers on the car for the trip if we can get a good price on some litre bottles of oil :innocent:

lessons from last year.

satnav - make sure you have the euro maps. ours was very handy! im sure branners will do a list with details of where and when meeting points will be. last year had a bit of "seat of the pants" feel to it... whilst exciting was a bit nerve wracking not quite knowing where your going at some points :p I remember driving through that town on the first day we stopped at the beach not knowing where the hell we were going :p leading a small convoy of 4-5 cars blindly driving till i saw a sign i recognised...

walkie talkies would aslo be good. i can never understand what anyone is saying on them though.