The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry! Another whats it worth?

L18msy

TT it! You'll get the love back then :)

Nooooooooo! I noticed you've been quite quiet after suprapod. What brought on the change of heart mate?

I'd say a nice TT in that engine bay would change your mind ;)

No!!!

Don't do it mate...

Your car was one of the cars that convinced me to go 19's, I love the look you have on it...Really stunning car..

I say keep it and go NA-T or do the TT Swap...

I'm not a big fan of red cars as a rule but the Supra is one of the few cars that pull it off. Especially yours. If you do decide to sell up then I'm sure you will get exactly what you want for it. It's just a question leaving up for sale for long enough.

What would make the love come back?

A TT conversion would help bring it back it is just getting the money together to do it. Everytime i get a sizeable chunk of cash put by something else has to come first. First was a new kitchen for the flat( had to do because i spent a few bob getting the car looking good). Next i had to do the whole flat up as she fell pregnant and when i had the cash sorted again for a conversion i had to use it for lawyers fees etc for the new gaff.

Now i am just about to move into a brand new bigger house i just can't see it getting done anytime soon.

I have already had the car three years now and still haven't managed to get the conversion done and now with a bigger mortgage looming i just feel as if the project just isn't moving forward anymore. i just find myself a bit scunnered with it just now.

Thanks for the input guys.

Looks amazing in the last pic ! Considering the fact that it's the 5spd version, i will say the opposite of what the rest of the people said. I think it would work better if you sold it and bought a TT, if you still want to stay in the Supra scene.

Out of interest, what color did you use for the respray ? Stock Toyota 3L2 ?

I personally wouldn't sell bud. The paint is fresh and it's the way you want it other than power. If I were you I would just bide your time and get the tubbies fitted when you can. If you sold up and then bought a TT in the future you would need to start again basically. That's the only real reason I didn't sell mine and buy a single turbo, as there were some cracking ones on offer. I would not only have to start from scratch with making the car mine, I would also have lost all the money, time and effort I put into the car making it mine. Being clean with fresh paint and all the mods all done only adds a very small percentage to the value of a car. You need to find a buyer who cares about those things and who values the car the same way you do for it to work out well.

At the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and N/A 5spds are going for silly money now. Even good ones like yours are seriously under-valued IMO, but that's just the way the market is.

Looks amazing in the last pic ! Considering the fact that it's the 5spd version, i will say the opposite of what the rest of the people said. I think it would work better if you sold it and bought a TT, if you still want to stay in the Supra scene.

Out of interest, what color did you use for the respray ? Stock Toyota 3L2 ?

Yeah stock 3L2 bud.

Thanks again guys.

Not usually a fan of red Supras but this is stunning!! I really don't think you should sell. You'll never find another like it!!

If you do decide to sell though, it's probably not worth more than £1500 but I'll be willing to take it off your hands for that. :) I'm good like that!!

That is very kind of you,you are a true gent :D. I will get it through its MOT and i will see how it goes from there. It should pass first time hopefully, it is my daily so cant have it off the road too long.

Edited by L18msy (see edit history)