The mkiv Supra Owners Club

KAD 6 Pot Brakes - Pad Chatter - HELP?

Guest ugp

The pads will only come out the bottom if you unbolt the caliper, i think you need to have another look

and take a pic of the caliper from the side and post it up to show the heads of the pins.

The tabs in blue stop the pads from coming out the bottom or they'd hit the disc !

IMAG0070.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

The bridging pieces on the top calipers, and the two tubes on the lower ones should have Allen bolts through them, remove the bolts and the bridges should come out, they are to hold the pads in and stiffen the caliper against lateral expansion. You can see the "joints" in the video. I would be alarmed if KAD say they are the correct pads, or no abutments are missing...

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

I have spoken to Paul today regarding these, it would appear I have the original set of pads that KAD supplied with these, and there were some that had the wrong size pads supplied, which appears to be the problem I'm having. Paul will be trying to sort me some new pads when I get the measurements and drawings over.