The mkiv Supra Owners Club

KAD 6 pot pad recommendations?

b_have

I've got the Porterfield race pads on mine, they are a bit dusty but I was told they would be but apart from that they are very, very good so far. Nurburging and Llandow no probs whatsoever, and they bite from stone cold just the same as when they're getting some abuse. Steve L of Time attack uses them on his car too and recommended them to me, over the fast road pads I previously had which were also good but I never tested them hard.

Paul Whiffin supplied them, ~£100/set inc VAT.

If they are the same as AP 6 pots I have some good used PF pads in stock. Feel free to post up a pad outline with measurements and I can check.

Thanks Chris, but I need new, just looking at the backing plate and it appears different to my new Endless pads, which is solid.

Are the holes for heat dissipation?

SL740609 (Large) (2).JPG

SL740610 (Large).JPG

I can vote for the porterfield Pads from my run out with Steve I was amazed at the difference between My setup and Steves - Porterfield pads will be the route I go down at the begining of next year.

The current EBC pads are kack compared.

Paul Whifin did warn me the fluid and pad combo would be next to useless on a track and he was spot on. Even if the caliper let me down before the pads did :D

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

I can vote for the porterfield Pads from my run out with Steve I was amazed at the difference between My setup and Steves - Porterfield pads will be the route I go down at the begining of next year.

The current EBC pads are kack compared.

Paul Whifin did warn me the fluid and pad combo would be next to useless on a track and he was spot on. Even if the caliper let me down before the pads did :D

(I forgot to wind the boost up when you were in with me mate, I was only using about 400bhp, if I'd have known you were going single I'd have unleashed all 550 for a couple fof laps! :rolleyes: :D)

(I forgot to wind the boost up when you were in with me mate, I was only using about 400bhp, if I'd have known you were going single I'd have unleashed all 550 for a couple fof laps! :rolleyes: :D)

I was at 1.6 bar all day (spiked at 1.7 :Pling:) thats probably what burned my brakes :(

It felt extreamly fast for 400 bhp mate. And the brake setup is simply in a different league to my setup. At least ive got a few months not to get it sorted :)

It felt extreamly fast for 400 bhp mate. And the brake setup is simply in a different league to my setup. At least ive got a few months not to get it sorted :)

I am really pleased with the brakes especially, the 'oh sh-- lane' was the perfect excuse to test them to their limits :D

Glad it felt quick. If I'd sussed out the boost controller I'd have wound it up a little, but I currently have to choose: 0.8bar or 1.4bar (400 or 550bhp). As I still haven't programmed the racelogic, I figured I'd keep the boost down and learn a bit more about handling my car rather doing that AND finding out how to get the power down (or not!) at the same time... especially with all those barriers & tyre walls looking at me! :eek: ;)

Next time I'll wind it up.... :eyebrows:

It was pure desperation trying to escape JamieP. It gives you the hurryup when you see him in the rearview drifting at 100mph :D

:D

I thought I'd given him the slip as we started out second outing, but he caught me up a lap or two later so I just got out of the way, fast! :D (Glad I did now, watching his 1-handed driving video. ;))