The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hard Launching Supra

JamieP

It does launch really well but in the vids with the mustang does not look as quick as you think, seeing how it covers the 1/8 its prob a low 9 sec car, when SW ran a 7.9 his 60 ft was 1.6 sec, same as Mark newmans car does !!!

While I agree, it also looked to me like both runs against the Mustang got a bit squirrelly and he got out of it pretty quick (2nd run more so). Would be good to see the car run on a full, prepped, 1/4 mile.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I agree, it also looked to me like both runs against the Mustang got a bit squirrelly and he got out of it pretty quick (2nd run more so). Would be good to see the car run on a full, prepped, 1/4 mile.

Listening I would not say he got out of it at all dude, a car launching like that never goes straight so you just put up with it and drive round it, the approx 1/8 mile times look like equating to a low 9 or maybe a high 8 on a good day, either way its an awesome car and the launch is wicked, how long the motor will last if stays on the 2 step as long as he does in vid 1 is another matter !!! surprising how many 1/8 mile strips there are in the US, must be a pain because its a completley different set up to the 1/4.

It does launch really well but in the vids with the mustang does not look as quick as you think, seeing how it covers the 1/8 its prob a low 9 sec car, when SW ran a 7.9 his 60 ft was 1.6 sec, same as Mark newmans car does !!!

SW's famous 7.9 run was done with a 1.34 60ft ive read.

edit.

http://www.highaltitudeperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213

Listening I would not say he got out of it at all dude, a car launching like that never goes straight so you just put up with it and drive round it, the approx 1/8 mile times look like equating to a low 9 or maybe a high 8 on a good day, either way its an awesome car and the launch is wicked, how long the motor will last if stays on the 2 step as long as he does in vid 1 is another matter !!! surprising how many 1/8 mile strips there are in the US, must be a pain because its a completley different set up to the 1/4.

I couldn't really hear the second set of videos - but again, I'm not experienced at all in drag racing (unlike you) so I can only go by what I saw (or though I saw). It is a serious car though :)

I couldn't really hear the second set of videos - but again, I'm not experienced at all in drag racing (unlike you) so I can only go by what I saw (or though I saw). It is a serious car though :)

Certainly is, would be good to know the suspension setup !!!! For an IRS to get the wheels up is pretty special and the track does not even look that shiny (glued) either.

that black supra is a Back halved car like mine, it has a solid axle and you can adjust them in such a way that they bring back the Pitch rotation (Kinda CG) point right to the rear..hence wheelstands can be done relatively easy. not something i encouraged as it tends to wreck the chassis on landing!

that black supra is a Back halved car like mine, it has a solid axle and you can adjust them in such a way that they bring back the Pitch rotation (Kinda CG) point right to the rear..hence wheelstands can be done relatively easy. not something i encouraged as it tends to wreck the chassis on landing!

Why do you say its backhalved Stu ????