The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommendations for Big Brake Kit?

Dan_Turism0

I read that review and the main points were pedal feel and consistency which is to be expected plus his discs were larger and the pad compound maybe significantly different to what he was running on UK's so again there other variables to consider as well.

I've experience UK's on countless tracks over the years and not once felt there was a need for more braking power in that environment so a car purely for road use and the occasional track day id say UK's are more than enough. Again this is just my opinion. We all have different view's on things and see things differently :)

I agree.

If you are not a weight saving maniac or not interested in bling, just functionality, the UK's are the better option. Neither will disappoint though.

Whats your budget Dan ?

I don't have any real set budget however I don't want to spend Brembo/stoptech money on each end of the car lol, the Weds wheels aren't deep dish at all so they should have a decent amount of clearence my concern is the 18" XXR 502's and whether UK's would clear them, 330mm Ksports seem a good compromise though

Also on a side note would like to thank everyone for their help/input :)

Whats the story with the Stoptechs...the yanks rave about them, but there aren't many members running them!? They are going on sale at Titan, but when it comes to spending the cash, people here seem to lean towards the APs or Brembos...what makes them a better/more popular choice!?

Who can afford the Brembo's ? They are approx £6k for a full set up.

I happen to remember Paul Mac did an AMG (brembo) setup he found on ebay whilst under the influence. That setup cost around 2k but there was a lot of custom work involved, brackets, bells and discs etc. I had the pleasure of trying them a year or so ago and for the money they were fantastic :D

Front calipers from an ls400 are a cheaper option to front UK's and the difference in disc size is only about 3mm i think. You can pick them up off ebay for circa £100, i have a set in my garage if you want them. Dr_jeckyl uses them on his track car and is very happy with them from what he said.