The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Agreed Value - how much should I ask for?

robin

I am just sorting out a new policy on the car and it is an agreed value policy. They state if its over 5k I need an independant/club valuation.

Is this something we can do on here? Also I am actually a little unsure on what my car is worth. I paid 6k for it years ago (bit the sellers hand off) but as its a standard UK car, will the value have dropped much?

Here are the vital statistics:

190,000 miles (M reg)

Starts and runs well, small oil leak

Wheels a bit kerbed

few small door dents

Did have the head rebuilt at 152,000 miles and I like to think I have done a good job maintaining it as its had a new PS pump, radiator, cam pullys, cat converter and o2 sensors in the last couple of years along with the normal service items.

(photos in garage)

So what should I be looking to agree the value at? My instincts say 5k given the high mileage and age; but on the other hand its an original unmodified UK, cant be many left like this.

Edited by robin
odd html stuff appeared in post. (see edit history)

What broker are you using ?

Your car looks in good condition paint wise and under the bonnet

Try LWIB as they do agreed value, you will need to send them photos like

you have above and a written list of mods including a report on the vehicles

condition that you fill out yourself.

I'd have thought your car would be around £6k

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

You have to be realistic with the value and for a uk auto thats done nearly

200,000 miles i can't see you getting much more for it unless its had a lot

of new o/e parts.

My uk auto with all its mods, 70,000 less miles and lots of new o/e parts would probably

struggle to make £10k in the present climate.

My last agreed value was £13k but think that will be lowered on next years policy

if im being realistic, even with me spending more money on it and only adding 3000 miles

to it.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Yeah the paintwork is nice, it had the bumpers and sides re-sprayed a few years back as the motorway hadn't been kind to the paint with all the stone chips etc.

There was some trouble with the engine at 152k and the turbos were removed and sent off to be checked but were sent back not needing repair as they were in good health and not needing repair. The problem in the end required the head to be rebuilt, since then its been absolutely fine but i've tried to pre-empt things like when the PS pump started to creak I had a new o/e one fitted.

I guess i'll ask for 6k if I'm honest I think I would struggle to find another UK in the same condition for that money, even though mine is a high miler. So are we able to do some kind of club valuation here? Perhaps I should just show the insurer this thread.

The broker is sureterm direct and the policy is with "Enterprise Insurance Company Plc"