The mkiv Supra Owners Club

post 500-600 bhp vids

Rob_Mitchell

you think the stock autobox will handle this sort of power ? I wouldn't take the risk of breaking it on the first run...

a friend of mine had problems with the stock autobox when approching to 500 bhp I woulndt even imagine it at 600 :O

They start spewing there guts out at 600bhp mate but a few members on here are running around 540-560 with no probs, i have 2 massive coolers too to help keep the temps down

Lui's auto is a great example at 500bhp on a street kit and also ADD with almost the same setup as me who is running 566bhp.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why you dont just go 6speed instead of the built autobox, the money you pay out for the 6speed will go straight onto the value of the car anyway, 6 speeds are selling for alot better money than auto's these days.

easy said than done mate, your looking £3k for the conversion and around £2k for a decent clutch, dont take much adding up and i definately aint got that type of money available at the moment... i would much rather it running first.

They start spewing there guts out at 600bhp mate but a few members on here are running around 540-560 with no probs, i have 2 massive coolers too to help keep the temps down

Lui's auto is a great example at 500bhp on a street kit and also ADD with almost the same setup as me who is running 566bhp.

Curious I always heard about 500bhp max, and you will be running the stock torque converter ?

Whats the opinion on the Titan boxes? Seems they are around £1500 or so, seems a lot cheaper than a 6 speed conversion so curious why more people dont go down this route, if I ever go single its what I am looking at.

Just been looking at them too. Would need another torque convertor too, so price soon builds up, plus shipping on top too

You can still run more bhp through a 6 speed, just look at what the big boys are running- jamiep, whiffbitz, hodge ect ect

wicked lol

how do you find that power on the road?

power is great tried to take my mate out in it the other day was damp on side roads so went on the motorway where the lanes where dry and so was doing rolling starts from 60mph so foot down it would kick down straight into power band and i just loose grip,so i went and see supraturbochris on thursday and went over bluewater in the middle car park and even with that concreate thats ruff there i still couldnt get full grip,i did get the feel of the single,i can see why all these single chaps tuck the car in over winter.

have you not been in a single auto supra?

power is great tried to take my mate out in it the other day was damp on side roads so went on the motorway where the lanes where dry and so was doing rolling starts from 60mph so foot down it would kick down straight into power band and i just loose grip,so i went and see supraturbochris on thursday and went over bluewater in the middle car park and even with that concreate thats ruff there i still couldnt get full grip,i did get the feel of the single,i can see why all these single chaps tuck the car in over winter.

have you not been in a single auto supra?

Nope i have not been in any single, the quickest thing i have been in is pistonbrokes bpu 6speed and i have drove tracys vvti bpu auto (which i thought was rapid)

Im going from a na to this single so i hope its going to be fun

Nope i have not been in any single, the quickest thing i have been in is pistonbrokes bpu 6speed and i have drove tracys vvti bpu auto (which i thought was rapid)

Im going from a na to this single so i hope its going to be fun

i hadnt been in one as well till i just finished mine, i normally meet up with supraturbochris on a thursday at 9 over bluewater will see if some of the boys are out and can take you for a spin if your free.

wicked lol

how do you find that power on the road?

I find it's great :) I wouldn't really want any more, and haven't done since I put a 67 on it about 5 years ago. It'll not put the power down too well in the wet or on cold days, but you can easily drive it to the conditions. The boost comes on nicely and between 3000 to 4000rpm depending on the gear you're in. You can part-throttle it off roundabouts etc and cheerfully surge up to xxxmph without spinning up the wheels when grip is iffy. In the summer it's hilarious :D The acceleration is a savage leap forwards, jolly good fun.

The bonus of running this level of power is that, drivetrain-wise, I'm on stock everything except for an RPS Street Max clutch that's been on there since I first went single. You don't have to spend a fortune on beefing up things that would break, and it's still responsive enough to be caned around back lanes still (not that you'll see full boost much hah). Despite some of the numbers casually bandied around here, 500 to 600bhp is still bloody fast.

-Ian

thanks Ian for your input, i think you nailed it with " Despite some of the numbers casually bandied around here, 500 to 600bhp is still bloody fast"

I look at what the big boys are running and i guess i look at my build as a baby BUT 500-600 is super car outputs and the power is more usable. Dont get me wrong i word love a manual 6speed box and ridiculous power but i can only afford what i can without getting myself in debt.

easy said than done mate, your looking £3k for the conversion and around £2k for a decent clutch, dont take much adding up and i definately aint got that type of money available at the moment... i would much rather it running first.

I said instead of the built auto mate, i dont mean before your up and running. I take it you've already bought your clutch for this setup?