The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone had any experience with Paul Brown Cars?

Jata

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just let me know mate and we can assist you in every way we can,.

or you can wait till it arrives to UK and wait for us to prep it more and come and view.

£1000 deposit secures the car.

Out of interest when does it arrive? Do you have a specific date?

rather than worry about things...go with jurgen ;) and i heard newcastle is beautiful at this time of year :D

I am leaning toward this I have to say. I've only ever heard good things about JM Imports... (Discount Jurgen? ;))

It's got to be better than when I went to pick up my new Skyline shell from Jurgen, this is from the wife's Jeep that I used with a bleedin' big trailer on the back, with my pristine brand new shell on it, that I wanted neither wet, nor salty ;) I'd already had one collision on the way through Newcastle, and taken the front off a brand spanking new big Vauxhall, before even getting there, and the shell loaded ;) Conditions were like that all the way back nearly 100 miles down south until civilisation was found ;)

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

My experience with Paul Brown cars was good... touch wood.

Only got the Sup last week, made an offer under asking price and wasn't haggled too much up to a nice compromise. Was delivered to me in Leeds the very next day (the same day was offered, but I was busy that evening) and came with 6 months tax and 12 months MOT.

Car was in stunning condition and a completely unmolested model as advertised. There are a few niggles which i'm just going to put down to the age of the car as opposed to any deliberate wrongdoing - the windscreen wash jets don't work, electric folding mirrors don't work and there are some missing screws - but other than that I can't find a fault with the car yet. Of course i'll still be trying for the next few months!

Good luck with your buy =)

The one thing that stood out for me was what I read in his pistonheads add the other day.

we insist that this car is sold to an enthusiast only

reffering to this: http://pistonheads.com/sales/3110753.htm

Imo, that shows that he's not just after an easy sale to a random punter, and does care for his cars and what happens to them after the sale. Also, as I said before, Ive seen him on here posting and he seemed like a nice guy with a genuine interest in supra's.

On the other hand, Jurgen is the man! Either way, I reckon you'd be in safe hands...

came with 6 months tax and 12 months MOT.

There are a few niggles which i'm just going to put down to the age of the car as opposed to any deliberate wrongdoing - the windscreen wash jets don't work

Good luck with your buy =)

How did it pass an mot if the washer jets dont work ? i thought that was a fail even if its the washer bottle

just being empty.

The one thing that stood out for me was what I read in his pistonheads add the other day.

Imo, that shows that he's not just after an easy sale to a random punter, and does care for his cars and what happens to them after the sale. Also, as I said before, Ive seen him on here posting and he seemed like a nice guy with a genuine interest in supra's.

On the other hand, Jurgen is the man! Either way, I reckon you'd be in safe hands...

What a load of bo****s, can you imagine! Err I have 17K here I like that pretty silver car there, can I buy it?.....................Err no sir sorry we will only sell to an enthusiast that passes our rigourous tests !!!!

You actually believe that ? i sell cars off a trade pitch and couldn't give a ---- who buys as long as they buy.

Even if it were my supra, if they have the required amount then its theirs.

I'm sure we have all experienced screen washer systems which, unknown to us, have dirt or congealed soap in them. They can work for a bit when the jets are probed through, but can cease again a few hours later? Maybe this occurred here, despite their best efforts? (Perhaps I should tout for work as a car salesmans's defence solicitor....:))

What a load of bo****s, can you imagine! Err I have 17K here I like that pretty silver car there, can I buy it?.....................Err no sir sorry we will only sell to an enthusiast that passes our rigourous tests !!!!

That's brilliant..! ILMOA

This post is in no way to pi55 anyone off deliberately degrade someones reputation.

This is just an account our experience at Paul Brown.

LeaLea and I went to Paul brown to look at a white NA Manual.

It was advertised as "perfect condition" "Immaculate" etc etc. The asking price was £4995 it was stock apart from Some Rota Grids and a front lip and looked awesome in the pictures.

The sills were bent and starting to rust from poor Jacking.

The arches looked like they had been Rolled with a Crowbar and were rusting away.

There was more Tipex than paint on the roof, boot hatch, bonnet, wings, front bumper :(.

The front bumper and rear spoiler paint was all spidered and cracked and badly touched up.

There were a couple of missing peices of interior trim...

It was so so far from the description in the advert we just walked away.

The young sales guy asked us what the problem was and we basically explained that we didn't expect to see rotting rear arches and Tipex all over it based on the wording of the advert. His reply to this was that its common to have rust on Supra's to which my reply was "Ummm not at 5K it isn't".

But we certainly were not happy and it was a complete waste of our time.

Needless to say we did find a completely mint NA manual with uk big brakes through out and lots of other desireable bits with less milage and at 1500 cheaper.

I understand that this is just our experience based on just one of the many cars that are sold here. It could be that this is just one of those bad examples of a buying experience.

Edited by AGB (see edit history)

well to put it in perspective, this was a prefacelift car in generally bad condition for 5k. I have seen quite a few Rust free, low mileage, complete and Generally mint facelift manual NA's for around a grand less.

Yes they are getting old but no its not common to have to pay that much for a car with rust. In fairness there were a few very nice example there, but with price tags that are just too far fetched compared to what you can find if you just look at a few others on Pistonheads...

When we got there it all turned a bit sour. It seemed to us that Paul brown didn't exist. Instead the cars advertised on the site were parked round the back of a Radio Station unit. There was a small glass showroom with another company name on the door (can't remember the name but it deffinetley wasn't Paul Brown).

Hmmm, that certainly seems extremely similar practice to the other one who shall not be named in High Wycombe.

Hi Guys,

To AGB

Im very sorry mate that you didnt like our car, we can take your comments on board and use them to improve our cars and service for the future. I can only say its nice to get feedback from customers weather its negative or positive, as we can only improve if we know what were doing wrong. So once again sincere apologies, i take every comment very seriously and heads will roll.....joke :).

I do try and provide the best examples possible and feel very ashamed but however will use this critisim constructively.

In all fairness we decide to not Underseal our cars prior to sale like a lot of other traders do, as i would like the customer to be aware of the underbody condition. The surface rust that you mentioned could have been easily treated by us and would have been included in the sale price but it is a concious decsion to leave the cars 'raw' so that the customer doesnt feel like that there are nasties hidden undermeath. The rolled arches were nessecary due to the wide rota and slighly lowered suspension.

And secondly as i have mentioned in my previous posts we have recently moved to our new premisis the board on the building is http://www.dmc-cars.com (a car tuning and design company) previous occupiers. This will be removed by us soon as we have given then guys plenty of time to take it off and they havn't. HOWEVER we wont be putting any signage up outside our building for security due to the nature of our cars so nothing can be changed there sorry.

Finally i NO we are not the 'others' if any mods want to send me their emails i will provide full proof including vat returns, bank statement, passport/driving license copies etc. DNA fingerprints??? :)

Edited by Paul Brown (see edit history)

Hi Guys,

To AGB

In all fairness we decide to not Underseal our cars prior to sale like a lot of other traders do, as i would like the customer to be aware of the underbody condition. The surface rust that you mentioned could have been easily treated by us and would have been included in the sale price but it is a concious decsion to leave the cars 'raw' so that the customer doesnt feel like that there are nasties hidden undermeath. The rolled arches were nessecary due to the wide rota and slighly lowered suspension.

)

REF undersealing - you must be talking about the other high wycombe lot lol..wink wink

one of the reasons we sell only FRESH IMPORTS is to avoid this rust issue..(problem solved)

but if your dealing with cars in UK then this is means you will have to be very selective in choosing your UK stock.

all the best

REF undersealing - you must be talking about the other high wycombe lot lol..wink wink

one of the reasons we sell only FRESH IMPORTS is to avoid this rust issue..(problem solved)

but if your dealing with cars in UK then this is means you will have to be very selective in choosing your UK stock.

all the best

thanks for the advice mate, yeah we try our best to get good examples. Like i said we can only take on board everyones comments and improve.