The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daywalker2 UNDEAD

dude

what was your best ever time ran dude? any idea what the closest run was?

The chassis ran a 7.7 with a Mk3 body, set up is the same with this body and the chassis is designed to cope with a lot more torque than we will put thru it, it was prob around 1100hp when it ran the 7.7.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be interesting watching the 3 of you race for the first 6s Supra in Europe next year

Indeed it will, jst have to hope we find a set up quickly, the car was cutting 1.1 60fts (needs to be 1 dead or less) but was at redline at only 175mph, now we have more power we need to put a lower numerical gear in and play with tire size/height, I only have 1 set of gears and 2 diff tire heights to play with, we may even have to move up to a 16" rear wheel to get a 34.5" tire as terminals really need to be way over 200mph (thats where it makes its time at the top end of the track) heres a vid of the crash but see the way it gets off the line.

I got mugged at Santa Pod last week for 11 pics of the old Daywalker on disc !!!!! £30 !!! Can you believe it. Anyway I had to have some Hi res pics so we can recreate the graphics. My thoughts are to have it as the original Mk3 but with the AFR Tuning web adress instead of XS Power, basically replace all the old sponsor names with new applicable ones but have it identical. Any thoughts please voice them.

MF4M9463 - Copy.jpg

MF4M9466 - Copy.JPG

MF4M9462 - Copy.jpg

MF4M0832 - Copy.JPG

MF4M0826 - Copy.JPG

Managed to get the steering all sorted, we had to make a new track rod as the old one was bent. First we had to turn the old one down to an interferance fit in the new track rod, then freeze the ball end and heat the tube so we could put them together, then it all gets welded and painted.

P1010564.JPG

07102011402.jpg

07102011403.jpg

07102011404.jpg

07102011405.jpg

07102011406.jpg

New front clip is being made now so the front comes straight off and then the tub will be painted, the front and rear bumpers are painted as well as doors and wings, the wiring loom is next along with a second fire extinguisher system, hopefully the first motor will be on the engine dyno before christmas and the spare will be run in and mapped as well by spring !!

• 4 weeks later...

Started trying to sort the rear spoiler, these cars need something to keep them stable and exert some downforce but without slowing them down too much, even a stock rear spoiler would prob cost around 10 mph so we use Pro Mod style rear wings, i was going to go with a style like Stephanes car from supraforums until we looked at the design and decided it will actually work opposite to whats intended, the stock flip of the tailgate will swirl the air over the spoiler in a vortex this will try and lift the rear of the car !!!!I ve pm'd Stephane about this and he is waiting to see my design

back2r[1].jpg

dsc00652a[1].jpg

So Paul made some calls and we came up with this design, still in rough form but ended the day with a pretty good fit and will be close to finished tomorrow, it is having an adjustable rear lip as well, so hoping we can datalog the down force somehow and have a play

P1010638.JPG

P1010639.JPG

P1010640.JPG

P1010641.JPG

P1010643.JPG

P1010644.JPG

good to hear you are making progress Dude.

Im trying to book mine in with webster now for Jan/Feb..so i can fit in it!! It's gonna be a busy Xmas for me:-)

Lookin into GRP bonnet openable, one piece closed in front ends ATM so will email you the Pics mate.

Will the closed front be ok on the street Stu ? we are going to run a closed front as well but moulded perspex covers.

Will the closed front be ok on the street Stu ? we are going to run a closed front as well but moulded perspex covers.

I am going to run a direct air ice charge cooler (PWR UK, the biggest one they make) and have a rad fan constantly running on the cruise, i figure it will draw enough air underneath to keep it cool, The stock bumpers are polyeurathane, not the usual ABS, you can get an industrial floor maker to weld poly with a stick plastic welding kit. That is my Plan B to neatly in fill the stock bumper.